Secret Heart
[html]
OOC: / +500

Golden eyes watched as Lorenzo silently began to take his leave, leaving the father with a small feeling of guilt for taking over the conversation so quickly, even though it was his duty to know who came and went from the boarders. The soft alto voice turned his head back to the golden lady who gave few words of condolence before jumping into quite a long winded speech, though Jazper did not mind as he enjoyed stories and often told his own too many times and over the course of too much time. He stood in a relaxed position, allowing his tail to wag slowly behind him and his ears tilted forward to show he was listening to his visitor. She explained that she wanted to exchange information about his culture and her own, to which he smiled with an interest in hearing her own background. Wolves from different places often had vastly different cultures and it was always good to know how other cultures worked.

It seemed a bit extreme to him at first that in her family they would press skills of a warrior onto small pups but as he thought about it he found himself guilty of the same act. How many times had he told his own pups stories of the Knight family and human Knights who would fight for their king and queen, for honor and duty. Even when Lorenzo and Tony had been barley able to talk they had shown interest in being fighters, and Jazper had readily encouraged their interest with even more stories and lessons on what it meant to be a ‘protector’ and ‘good of heart’.

Her hand reached out, palm upward and Jazper looked to it, taking in her final question. He felt like he should answer her in words but was slightly confused at the outreached palm. A handshake he understood but this must be a gesture from her culture. He reached his own hand out to touch hers and he held it there for a moment as he began to speak, I was born into a pack over in Scotland where only the biggest and strongest were able to mate. Everyone there strived to be a protector of all canines and that was passed onto me through my father when we moved her when I was just a few months old.

Pausing he glanced at the lands around him, Here I hope to instill all my members with the same drive, though I will not require everyone to be an experienced fighter, some just don’t have the drive or talent. However, I believe that all members must work to better the pack, everyone’s skills are valuable and every able hand could make the difference in a fight. He had seen it happen during the Aniwayan war. Pack members who had never used a sword in their lives had fought with all their might for their pack, a loyalty he could only hope to achieve in his own pack. He and Anann had discussed making it a requirement for all members to learn self defense and it would be so for any young members who came into the pack, but he would give the older members a break for now.

<style type="text/css">
.j-a-z b {font-weight:bold; color:#d09c51; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1d1304; }
.j-a-z p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.j-a-z {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4c3622; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yv53H.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c09d6b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.j-a-z p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.j-a-z p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread