tearing at the seams
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... English+SC);</style>ALAKI
UNTIL THE DAY I DIE
Should I bite my tongue until blood soaks my shirt?
Never fall apart, so tell me why this hurts so much
My hands are at your throat and I think I hate you
Word Count :: 407 Big Grin

It seemed as if the male's change was finally over. Leaning back he sat himself fully down on the ground heavily and sighed in relief, pulling his hand away from the other he pushed his fringe back out of his eyes. Under other circumstances he may have been inclined to make some rather harsh comments or inappropriately check the male out, but for once he considered the others situation and decided to squash the urge he had to be himself and forced a hesitant smile to his lips. “No need to thank me. Not like I was all that much help, i'm very much aware of how useless I am in emergencies and the like” he grinned, trying to lighten the mood with a poor attempt at a joke about himself. Cocking his head to the side he considered the other for a moment, “Trent, huh? Strange name” he responded, saying the first thing that popped into his head. “I'm Alaki, I guess nice to meetcha?” he shrugged his shoulders in a shy manner, overly self-conscious all things considered.

Placing his hands on the grounds he pushed himself up, making a show of dusting his trousers of to give himself something to do. “Stop averting your eyes” he scolded instantly as soon as he noted the submissive gesture, “I ain't your superior, i've done nothing to be respected and i'm fairly sure I ain't gonna hurt you and you ain't got nothin' to be embarrassed about. So damn well look up already” the words were spoken gently in a rushed manner, the other's awkward and shy behaviour having thrown the storm coloured male off balance somewhat. His hand moved up reflexively to scratch the back of his head, one of his many nervous gestures he did when he was unsure what to do or how to react. All things considered he was used to shows of submission, averted eyes and the like; but that was from his pack members. Out here within the unclaimed lands he didn't expect nor want a show of submission, if anything he didn't want to be reminded of his rank.

Reaching down he offered his open palm to help the other to his feet. “Guess it's kinda disorientating, but you think you're okay to stand?” he asked, moving on quickly from the previous subject without a care in the world now that he'd said his piece and hopefully gotten his point across.

Image courtesy of the-night-bird

<style>
.Alaki_UntilIDie .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie b {font-family:verdana; color:#778375; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie {background-color:#1f1f1c; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#808274; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/5781/atab.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie .name {text-align:right; font-family:IM Fell English SC; color:#95a090; font-size:95px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie .lyrics {text-align:right; font-family:braggadocio; color:#4d5349; font-size:30px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:6px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:12px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie .lyrics2 {text-align:right; font-family:braggadocio; color:#c1b8b4; font-size:15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:6px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:12px;}
.Alaki_UntilIDie .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#575a4f; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 0px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread