tear gas riot song.
[html]

(832)

A part of her was sympathetic towards the woman who was thus exiled from the fire and from the heat. Siv, however, said nothing of this. It was not her place to tell anyone, especially the Auxiliary, how to treat their slaves. It was not if, truly, the woman was being abused. Only one of the slaves showed true signs of abuse, but the witch-womanw as certain it had not been unjust. There were obvious rules when it came to such things—as property, destroying or damaging this would cost Salsola and therefore cost the member responsible. She slackened the reins of the horse and allowed the mare more room to graze so that the women might take advantage of the warmth. How long ago had it been now, since she had done this with the silent girl in the forest? She did not recall; while she tracked days in her own way, it was either early morning or still very late now.

With a gesture, Siv indicated that Eris should take her place back by the fire. It was not until the leader sat that she followed suit, purple eyes gleaming in the yellow-orange light of the flames. “I knew you were völva when I first saw you; magic flows in you, as it flows in the symbol you wear.” The spiral was not unfamiliar to her, but she had not seen it used exclusively before. Hearg artists favored sharper lines and diagonal corners as opposed to curves. “One is born with magic in their blood. Men are less likely to have such gifts; they are not favored for it. Magic belongs to women, and this is why I know your daughter has more magic within her than the gift of beasts, of the Hunter.”

Siv spoke in a very animate way, using her hands to accent her words. This too, was done out of habit. Motion distracted while magic occurred—she did not use her words as a spell here, but it was obvious that she was a powerful speaker and confident with her words. Even the swell of her voice, rising and falling as she breathed, was planned and thought out. She never stopped entirely to gasp for air, even though she spoke without pause. “My fellow völva taught me of old magic. I will one day share this with your Family—with my Family,” she added, correcting herself. “If you would allow it. It is ancient, and very powerful; one does not invoke my Father or his children unless they truly believe.” She said this with a conviction that had been lacking within her for months. Yet now she had seen, and heard, and knew the truth. Things had simplified for her again.

“Men’s magic is collected within their wand; their organ. A man can hold no power over a woman without such a tool—he may speak and fight and go on living, but he has no magic left. Some men are given greater magic than others. Our Lord Hunter can speak in such ways I would not doubt it may linger in him, but like your daughter, he belongs to other worlds.” Siv did not even think of explaining the realms to Eris yet, well aware of how peculiar the idea would sound. Stories needed told first; she would have to convince them of her claim and of her gods validity before she even attempted to convert.

The dark woman leaned forward, thick hair tumbling over her shoulders. In the firelight, the gem on her head glimmered brightly—almost, but not the same shade, as her eyes. “Women are stronger then men when it comes to this magic because we have the power of weaving. If we so desire, we can capture them body and spirit. I myself,” she began, wondering if such admittances would be in her best interest. “, hold such a claim. It is why I use his name and not my own; if I take a mate, I will do the same. There is power in using such titles—for you to use the name of your father is to pull upon his strength, you see. Your children claim such strength by the titles given.”

This was a simple way of explaining the surname she carried, and justifying its use to the dark coyote. Siv did not think she needed Reykr’s name anymore, but she would use it (and her daughter would continue to use it) until another man presented himself. Magic was not one-dimensional; she could lay her traps throughout the vast collection of those around her, as she was certain the other women might one day try. After all, she had not been blind during their supper; she had seen how the dark stranger had looked at their Boss, and knew she too was seeking to control him as was the way of women. Perhaps, if Eris was unaware of this, Siv would make such a point to her tonight.

<style>
#siv-thor {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siv-thor p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siv-thor p.siv-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#siv-thor .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#siv-thor .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siv-thor b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siv-thor u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siv-thor b { font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 13px; }
#siv-thor b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread