where fields burn westward
[html]

(446)
.___.; I suck. Could not post with Myri for like a week and a half wtf. Kind of forcing it even now because I feel baddd. SORRY IF SUCK. Also lol last post I said Myri when I meant Eira so Myrika patted herself on the shoulder wtf.

Myrika is by me!

She was glad she had not introduced herself upon his next words, for they confused her greatly. Her tawny brow knotted with this confusion, one ear falling half-mast as she considered his words. Had she trespassed, then? She had scented no border, but she was on horse, and if he had only just claimed these lands, his scent would not be strong. She wondered who stood behind him in his pack, and her gaze meandered the distant forest, looking for the hunkering shadows of canines. She saw none, but this did not mean they were not there.

His next words confused her even further and she did not miss the way he'd spat the word Inferni, but before she could inquire as to his meaning or interject, the man again spoke and introduced himself. It did become clearer to Myrika that she was unwelcome here, but she did not truly understand why, never having encountered true species bias previously. Her grandmother and many in Inferni had spoken of wolves who hated coyotes for no reason other than that they were coyotes, and Myrika had never believed them. Did such a thing exist, and had she been unlucky enough to stumble across it in this raven-hued man's apparent claim?

Eira again shifted beneath Myrika, and this time the coyote let the horse go; the roan turned around in a wide circle, moving away from the pacing wolf while tossing her head. A trembling had begun in the animals shoulders, and Myrika held her reins tightly, again patting the horse on her neck. She murmured "easy" a few times over, though her gaze remained fixed in Zalen's general direction. She avoided direct eye contact, but did not allow the shadow-furred wolf to escape her view. I don't know what coyotes ever did to you, but I mean you no harm, she said, again pulling the horse to a stop. She knew she ought to go, but curiosity was a powerful thing, and it held her in place for the moment.

I... was afraid of Inferni, because of its history. I learned history isn't everything -- maybe you'd like to, too, sometime? she asked, now timid. Go, go, go, Eira's trembles seemed to say, but the coyote held the horse where she was for the moment, wishing to leave a kindly impression of her pack here, if such a thing was possible. Perhaps the old stories were true, and his dislike ran deep enough to keep him from ever learning the truth about coyotes -- if so, Myrika was of no use here, and she should oblige her horse's wishes.

<style>
#myrikaSie {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread