It never was so cold between us
[html]

Just trying to get some last minute posts out of the way c:

The stranger clearly hesitated at the offering, probably unsure of what to make of it. Or maybe to make of him? He was certainly one of the rarer sights to be seen. Few chose to wear clothing as he did and fewer still dyed their hair in such fashions. Especially men. Not that Strel cared very much; he was nothing if not an actor always on display. He dressed for the attention and to stand out. Oh he was terribly proud of himself and the monstrosity he came out as. It was rather thrilling, wasn't it? He didn't even mind the hateful comments he was sure to cause. They could talk badly all they wanted, at least they were still talking about him. It only made him smirk with clear smugness.

"Understandable." His hesitation was clear. Even if he had not been here during the war, he had to have an idea of what had happened. There would be no easy friendships but hopefully every little bit would ease the hurt feelings. Strelein shrugged at the man's frown and comments. "It's for mutual benefit really. I mean, after what had happened I figured that displays of kindness would ease any open wounds." The other man did not take the bag from him nor did he suggest that Strel find the break in the fence and come through. Not that the redhead would dare suggest that he ought to come across the borders. He was familiar with those policies and had no desire to intrude unwanted.

The Dauphin waved the man off with his free hand, giving a coy grin. It was often on his features, long acquired. "It was nothing. I make this trip often enough. Ralla is my sister-in-law and my mate and I took care of her children during the war." And he laughed at the cold, even if his breath gave a light mist before his nose. "It's hard to be cold in my position. Thick fur and cloth make for good insulation." He then shook his head, a light frown dancing on his lips briefly. "I'm just thankful that it hasn't been too freezing and that snow is scarce."

<style>
.strel-txt {font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:75%; text-align:justify;}
.strel-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GEuNG.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border: 0px solid #000; padding 0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.strel-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.strel-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 0px 5px 0px 0px;}
.strel-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.strel-txt .line {width:150px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread