but I'm sure she was in hell
3+
[html]

The slapstick moment couched in a distressingly serious reality of discovery was soon over, but the consequences Caspa was certain would be quite horrifying. Physical pain receded to be countered with mental, as she knew the magnitude of her misfortune. She, too, was not one for humour and there was none in her eyes as they fluttered open to see a slim and threatening line severing her vision in half, behind which lurked an arresting traffic-light gaze far too close for comfort. She who spent so much time learning not to fear knife-blades, for she could not juggle them if she did, now found herself in a position where she could only find it terrifying. But if it was her time to die, so be it. If taking her innocent blood tainted him as a devil and condemned him for the act, he would deserve his eternal punishment. That was almost enough to set her mind at ease, and she could fake the rest. Caspa pushed herself slowly upwards with her elbows, till her throat hovered so close to the blade that she could feel the coldness of its steel even through the leather of her hood. Then without blinking or flinching she reached up and clasped the sword's blade flat between finger and thumb, using the small amount of pressure along with a shove from her other hand to raise herself to her feet, all at once standing before him with an expression of stately gratitude. "Your concern for my plight is appreciated, but I assure you it is no fatal malady," she commented smoothly with her dictionary-learned English. Her eyes were cold though, and even in her pretence of misunderstanding his action, showed disapproval. "A hand to a stranger in need is a more suitable offering than a sword, however," she finished, hoping she had managed to make a show of composure. It was an act set up only to be brought down again in another fit of doubling over and clasping her chest, but this time the action was overstated and a cover for her next move: reaching out to snatch at the hilt of his sword. She did not trust him nor the advantage it offered, although her plan was not to attack but merely disarm.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread