Help! I Need Somebody.
[html]

c:

Noss reclined in his chair, ignoring the tufts of stuffing coming out of the left armrest. He kept his body still and a bit stiff as he listened to his niece. He was devoted to his sister but he could not help but feel compassion for his sister's adopted daughter. Cold and collected as he usually was, that was how he came at this problem. "I am your sisters brother, and I tell you know, Ayasha; your mother has not had it easy of late. You know that." The warrior looked gravely at the girl, knowing she had to understand the severity of his words. Her mate had left her with three young pups, the war came and went while ravaging their lives, one of those pups had disappeared. No, she was not having an easy time, there was no way. "It has been a rough couple of months. I know it's been hard for many, sweet," Strel intruded on his mate's serious statement with something he hoped would ease it. "Ralla does want the best for you, especially now that the fighting is done and it's been quiet."

Strel put a reassuring hand on the young woman's hand closest to him. "I'm absolutely sure that's not what she thinks at all, Ayasha. She loves you and with love comes the desire to keep those loved things safe. She doesn't want you hurt." Any good parent had these feelings. Any good parent would want their children healthy, and happy, and safe. How could they want anything more? To have a child was to take a risk on your own self as well as to the happiness of others. Children were an investment in the future and parents just wanted them to be truly well off in life. Some more than others, especially those that saw death and destruction. "Your mother has seen people she cared for die in this stupid war, and she saw their families twist in pain. She doesn't want to see you hurt. Neither do we," he said, with a quick glance at Noss, who nodded in agreement.

"We were taught duty, your mother and I," began the grey warrior male. "We both abandoned our duties to our tribe, our families. Your mother will be upset and she will worry herself over you, but she will forgive you in a moment's notice." Noss gave an easy smile, though it was small as he was often scowling and frowning. "She'll forgive you because she loves you. She won't ever abandon you, Ayasha, even if you choose something that scares her stupid." Strel smiled, rather sheepishly at the young woman. He understood what both of them were suggesting to the young woman, but it was no business of theirs to intercept on either's behalf. "Just remember what you might be giving up and what this might do to your reputation, especially if the boy does something recklessly dangerous again."

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread