homecoming
[html]

Word Count :: 616 --

Ezra Rosen had freshly undergone colossal changes in his lifestyle and like an open book; he unabashedly displayed just how austere his situation was. Words were unnecessary and had become luxury at this point in time. The expression on the hybrid’s face said it all, how pained and deeply overwhelmed he was by the course of things. She could only commend his ability to keep it together, if not for himself then for his son. A perfect example of good parenting and an attestation to everything she’d missed out on as a child. Holding that thought, the Soulstorm juvenile took another long look at her new housemate. Thinking of his responsibilities and life experiences, many of which she herself would not have known how to handle, it dawned on her that he had to be at least twice her age.

This became a source of intimidation for her, especially when an offer was brought to the table. How much she would tell him about her past depended on how good of a story was being withheld. Could her prologue rival his? It was her turn to feel rather uneasy, fully aware that he simply would not understand where she came from. His willingness to learn would be an asset but it wouldn’t be strong enough to conquer his morals. She kept quiet as he continued on, noting the behaviour he adopted while retelling his tale of hardships. Words came forth but his attention remained mostly focused on the little one.

Perhaps keeping his attention on Eli made it easier for him to share. His son provided a good distraction for both of them. Lilin too allowed her gaze to settle over the chesnut-colored ball of energy whenever he demanded attention. The revelation came, short and bitter: Ezra had worded it in a way where no added details were necessary. Pursing her lips together into a tight line, she gave a heavy sigh and shook her head as if unable to find anything relevant to say. It was difficult to comment, primarily because she had never been bound to another male and certainly not in the manner her housemate had adored his lover. Feelings of inadequacy escaped the confinements of her soul, apprehending the fact that she couldn’t possibly relate to what he’d gone through.

“At least it wasn’t all for nothing,” she offered, pointing at the boisterous puppy with the tip of her nose. She couldn’t help but compare the connection Ezra shared with his son to the connection she’d shared with her dam up until recently. Alas, it wasn’t even worthy of comparison. “You have Eli to make up for it.” Seeing them monkey around was amusing to say the least. The sheer size difference between the two boys paired with the younger one’s tenacity was quite a feat to watch. Slinking off the double bed and onto the hardwood floor, the cult descendant continued to watch the show from her privileged floor seat.

“I was raised by a single parent too, my mother.” she began, absent-mindedly tracing shapes and forms on the floor as she spoke. “But she got sick recently and kind of just upped and left without saying anything. I followed her scent here. It stopped way up north before the big mountain in the distance. I think I might have taken a wrong turn but,” Truthfully Lilin didn’t know what she would have done if she’d encountered the madwoman up there. “I really like it here.” she admitted with a genuine smile, reminding herself that she felt safe here in Hilsburn. There would come a time where she would have to leave but that fated moment hadn’t manifested itself as of yet.

Image courtesy of jeremy vandel; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.lilintable { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Jdb1e.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#A0795D; font-family: 'georgia', serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #d0ac1d; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.lilintable b {color:#d0ac1d; }
.lilintable p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.lilintable p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread