con bravura
Words: 376
[html]

Her reverie was shattered by the bounding vision of russet hues that emerged from the gateway. Terra came leaping in without a care in the world, making Caspa's ribs ache just to look at her mobile friend. She nodded a swift greeting, her own long and little-used tail giving a few stately sweeps from side to side. It took her aback when the coy-wolf asked after her injuries at once, for the few she'd encountered since had not commented. Maybe they were just being polite though, and Terra was never one for playing entirely by the rules - and as a friend, of course, she was entitled to be concerned. There was no way Caspa was going to tell her the truth, even though it was completely against her principles to lie. Her hand went to the 'M' symbol around her neck - she had already wondered once or twice if Terra had noticed the symbol she'd laid on the path as being the same as her necklace, after all, the girl had held that item in her possession before. It stood for nothing, in Caspa's mind. She could not read the Cyrillic letter: to her it depicted a flying bird. She continued to run her fingers over it as she answered, "I got mixed up in some trouble. There was a cougar." Well, there had been a cougar. Days before, in the city, keeping a blind wolf company. She hadn't exactly lied, merely knowingly misled the other. And as it was entirely meant for her protection, Caspa thought she could be excused this small deviation this once. "I can't run or jump just yet but it is getting better. Slowly." The worst movement she could have made would be to laugh - but Caspa never laughed, so she would never know the agony that would have ensued. She slipped her leather trench coat from her shoulders. "Do you mind borrowing my coat for now? It should work just the same. Just don't ask why." She winked, a strange eye movement above such a serious mouth - made even more serious now by the deep split on the bottom lip that was sure to scar.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread