con bravura
[html]

Word Count :: 403 I can sum this post up with "GASSSP!!!"

His two favorite pack-mates (well, besides his family, of course) turned to look at them, and Skoll could feel a goofy grin spreading across his face, especially when Caspa smiled at him. He wiggled in place then glanced at Terra and the funny box she was holding, tilting his head once again when he noticed her strange expression despite her tail-wagging. He was about to burst with questions and greetings when the ghostly wolfdog spoke up.

“Magic disappear box?!” the small prince yelped, not sure whether he should be excited or extremely concerned. Wait—they were going to put him in there? He blinked then turned as if about to flee. “I just remember I gotta go eat a frog,” he declared, hoping to excuse himself as politely as possible as Terra’s scrutinizing emerald gaze fell on him, examining his dimensions to see if he would indeed fit in the magical box. He took a breath and puffed himself up as big as possible, hoping they wouldn’t just try to cut off his tail to put that in there.

But then the coywolf shook her head, and the sigh of relief caused the child to deflate, even if her words sounded ominous. Her eyes flicked toward a pig figurine, which Skoll glanced at too, but she decided on a teacup and announced that that would go inside.

Terra tilted the box so that the puppy could glance inside, ears twitching as he tried to figure out what was so magical about it. But then she closed the lid, planting it on a table and circling it, muttering what had to be magic words or something. He watched, rapt, sidling against Caspa’s leg in case the box decided that it changed its mind and still wanted to swallow him up with the teacup.

Skoll pricked his ears when the young woman hit the top of the box then opened it for him to see inside—the teacup was gone! He gasped loudly and scrambled backwards. “Where’d it disappear to?” he asked. “Where’d you find the magic disappear box? The temple? Were ya really gonna put me inside?” He whined at this last bit, though it was obvious he was excited over the apparent magical artifact and its item-swallowing abilities. Maybe that funny lady was right about there being spirits!

He tossed Caspa a sly look then asked Terra, “Did the fairies give you it?”

Image courtesy of ilovememphis@Flickr; coding by the Mentors!

<style>
.skoll1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2BMJL.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#d8cc97; width:100%; max-width:600px; min-width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; color:#616d6a; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.skoll1 b {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fffbe0; text-shadow:#000000 2px 1px 2px;}
.skoll1 p { text-indent:30px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.skoll1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread