con bravura
[html]

OOC here.

The honest truth of the matter was that Terra was making it up as she went along, reaching into the bag of tricks they had stored and pulling them out in any manner she imagined. Caspa might want a calm routine for the magic show they were performing, but Terra was a master at sleight of hand, managing to keep even her partner off balance, guessing at what would happen next. She wanted Caspa to juggle the knives, a skill that greatly impressed the coyote, and obligingly Caspa did just that, though in a much more exaggerated manner than Terra would have imagined.

Not even hesitating Terra growled playfully, her tail swishing. She darted up to where Caspa stood, watching the knives carefully. Grabbing them wrong hurt; she'd missed in practice and had gotten some cuts on her hands for the effort. Now though, the act appeared thoughtless. Terra smiled happily. Why Caspa, I don't want your knives. Skoll does. She moved swiftly, grabbing the knife fast enough for it to be hard to spot, neatly chucking it into a place beside Skoll, though still far enough that the pup wouldn't get hurt as the knife bounced off the ground. Keeping eye contact Terra continued her prattle, snatching the knives and chucking them next to Skoll. You should know better than that. I don't need knives. I don't even know how to fight. I have to rely on warriors for that. She winked playfully at Skoll.

Now there was only one knife left. Terra moved to do something daring, snatching it between her teeth. An act never practiced before. Just as expected, Terra missed, the knife instead choking her.

At least, it appeared that way to her companions. Terra had secreted the blade into the jacket, cutting herself with her own teeth. Blood came out as she fell down, choking. She coughed and coughed, trying to dislodge the knife.

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
.terraleap p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terraleap p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread