beyond the trees, over the clouds
[html]
sswm: 387

Bleh, my post looks whimpy next to your's. xD;

Word Count → 387

Though he tried not to think about it, his worries did somehow weasel their way into his mind. His most primary concern was not that he will barely see his friends, but not see them ever again. His duties were to his new pack, he could not leave now, even for a short visit; it was too far away for him to see any of them. After a well, after New Dawn settled for a bit, he could perhaps seem them, maybe once every few moons? But with such a time lapse, it seemed easier not to travel that far down.

But, he promised Sophie. It was easy for anyone to break words, but broken words, well, broke Mordecai’s heart. Maybe the next time he met her, he would explain his situation to her the best he could. She may understand; being a puppy, would she take it as a hidden message that meant he did not wish to play with her anymore? He sure hoped not. So far, she was actually one of his closet companions.

The boy heard shuffling somewhere deep in the den, but he ignored it at first. Maybe it was just someone rolling in their sleep, nothing out of the norm. He continued tracing shapes in the snow, a stick with a fluff at the top, covered in scribbles. It was obvious he was not a great artist, even in his feral form, but he enjoyed it nonetheless. He enjoyed it like when he searched for magical creatures; it seemed fruitless, but something always come out of it.

The shifting continued, and turned to see a scarred male making his way over. “Greetings,” he barked quietly to him, dipping his head to a slightly lowered degree and raised it back up. “Yeah, I’ve been doing this for the past few days. I guess my nerves are still on the fringe in excitement,” he murmured back, the best explanation he could come up with. “Well met, Shandom Nightslayer. I am Mordecai de Fonte. But, you can just call me Mordy.” Sometimes, he thought his name was too much for a simple wolf like him, and he had gotten rather fond of the name Sophie dubbed him.

“So, what do you think of New Dawn so far?” he asked, attempting to make small talk.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.mushroom-25 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KT6yp.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#3e4900; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#748800; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.mushroom-25 b {color:#bfe000; }
.mushroom-25 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.mushroom-25 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.mushroom-25 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.mushroom-25 .wordcount {color:#748800; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #748800; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread