hard sun
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

As she drew nearer to the borders, the stranger’s scent became more pungent to her delicate sense. An air of tension has been donned by the creature nested upon her shoulder, with his plume expanded and talons digging firmly into her already aching shoulder. The appendage had grown tough with hidden scars and wear, eliciting no more than a shrug when the pressure increased upon it. She whined softly for her companion to calm, finding no need to spare a word on him as they neared the scented border.

From the sparse foliage she spied not one, but two figures patiently waiting; a male laden with the warm hues of the earth itself and a female with a pelt rivaling the colorations of the common fox. For once the woman was quite relieved she hadn’t worn her trophies on this particular day, believing that this girl would perhaps be put off by the display of fox fur that adorned it. And for the purpose this little engagement called for, such regalities were not needed.

Approaching the pair at a relaxed stride, she released the end of her braided mane and let the limb fall casually at her side. When offered a hand, she paused, eyeing the extended limb not with suspicion but surprise, acknowledging the gesture not as one of greeting but for exchange as she had often demonstrated for her pupil. “Good day to you,” she replied softly in turn but made no move to take the hand for she had nothing to offer in exchange. Her companion however was more than willing to occupy this new perch and examine the male for himself. His great wings expanded nearly striking the she-wolf in the head as he brought himself to rise then glide the short distance to his arm. His talons capture the arm in a surprisingly light grip but kept his wings unfurled to keep balance on this unfamiliar perch.

X’yrin watched the display with nothing short of amusement, feeling the prior tension of this unfamiliar encounter lessen considerably. The woman brought a claw to her muzzle, lightly scratching the bridge in embarrassment. “Please pardon him…” she asked the indulgence of their company. “He is as curious as I, it seems. It is a pleasure to meet you and your companion,” she greeted kindly with a subtle dip of her crown. “And I must admit, it is rare for any to sound themselves near our borders just to pass by. We have a reputation for being a more…understanding, docile family. If I may ask, to where do you travel, wanderers?”

ooc: Slight pp of the owl on his arm. I can change if you'd like. 432 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread