hard sun
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

It could hardly be said that the avian was a social creature, but he never failed to assume attention by his showy displays. More often than not, his actions reminded his handler of the colorful birds of the mountains, donned with flashing tails in spring. Their displays were often vain yet beautiful, hoping to attract a mate of the like breed. However the individual beneath his flexing talons was far from a suitable mate for him, and thus assumed this act was simply his way of warranting attention. And he succeeded quite well.

The woman smiled to the fox-hued girl’s compliment, again dipped her head in acknowledgement. “A pleasure,” her soft tones flowed freely, ending with a sharp click of her touch against sharpened fang to call back her vain bird. His release was reluctant, but made none the less, again unfurling his wings to take flight and resettle upon his previously occupied perch. From then he settled down within himself, tucking his head down into warm down to stave the chilling breath of winter’s wind as it filtered through barren branch and tree; his quieted antics now leaving the small group in a sort of peace.

As fond as she was of conversation, the Nomad was quite glad for the male’s interruption of the chatty female. Pleasantries in her mind, were a luxury best indulged in after a purpose had been laid out, instead of falling prey to elated conversation and risk losing the more important matters that need be addressed. But the smile adorning her muzzle was a patient upright of her lips, fragile yet assuring all the same. She offered her ears openly to their explanation, growing more relaxed to ensure her reason for questioning was not for a tense interrogation, but more to appease her own curiosity.

However the woman could not hide her surprise at the listed name as a fresh memory associated with it came forth. “I do know that name,” she admitted, recalling the darkened pelt that matched it. “She had passed through our lands only a month ago and asked about our culture. Fleeting as the encounter was, Dusk was quite pleasant,” she smiled. “But I am afraid I know nothing of your father…”

ooc: Bed time for me. I'll reply in the morning. 372 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread