Stubbornness Runs in the Family
She had today been patrolling most of the day, and into the night. She actually hadn’t planned on being out so late but she hadn’t slept well last night and wanted to think about her nightmare. it was awful but she didn’t want to talk about it with anyone but Liam. She wanted him to hold her and tell her everything would be all right. But she wanted to wait a bit. She wasn’t entirely sure why.

She hadn’t been crying but it was obvious that between last night and everything else, she was having a rough time. She headed home and sighed before she got into sight of the treehouse. She knew that she would be in trouble for being gone a lot but right now she didn’t care all that much. But her mother would and she headed up the ladder, knowing that Ralla would be waiting for her.

As soon as she got up the ladder, her mother asked where she’d been and sighed. ”I went to see my uncles in Cour des Miracles and then had a lot to think about. I lost track of time. Sorry.” She really just wanted her mother not to be angry with her and didn’t know what to do. She also wanted to tell her that she was leaving in about a week but wanted to wait until later into the inevitable conversation.

Messages In This Thread