Budding Strangeness
sorry for the wait, my muse abandoned me pretty much

It melted him up inside to see her so happy with her new role as a teacher to him and that was what he was all about really, making his sisters happy. Honrin would grow up to be a lovely boy and eventually man. Caring and loving of his siblings, watchful and protective like their mother was but also quiet and unassuming like their father was. He would be their guide, almost like their parents were supposed to be. He watched her as she returned with more pieces of dust from the dead fire. He nudged the piece allotted to himself closer getting a smudge of black on the end of his muzzle, interested in her lecture and not noticing the charcoal streak.

He followed her as sure as day was bright guidance and crushed the black block beneath his paws, a puff of smoke rising up and settling onto his paws. His grin was large on his face as he did this, despite having a strange mind that made him think a lot older he was still just a child and enjoyed child like activities. He nodded along watching as she drew with her paw, squiggly lines appearing on the floor. Not once was a thought spared for their poor mother who would have to clean all this up later once she came home and found her soot covered children.

Slowly his eyes began to connect the lines into something recognizable and the very basic image of a wolf came to life before him. His tail wagged as she names it'd identity as himself. "Let me try now!" He didn't have to even try to make his drawing worse than hers, it just was. The circle was lopsided and the nose and ears were slightly misplaced or didn't look quite right and when he had finished he smiled sheepishly,

"Aha, it's not as good as yours, it's you as well." The boy child giggled in his puppy voice, the one reserved for his siblings and parents.

Messages In This Thread