you painted black where my broken heart is
I'm back from vacation now, yay. 354 words. [html]

Dierdre. He knew that name, but he couldn’t think of why he knew it. But what Jazper said was probably true, Apollo was looking for some sense of respect, he just didn’t know it. The pup was confused about how he felt about his life, and he didn’t know if Twilight Vale was the best place for him to be. He just wanted to be older so that he could venture off on his own. He was smart enough to realize he couldn’t do that just yet. He didn’t know how to hunt or defend himself from predators. But he did know one thing. He didn’t quite feel like he belonged there.

"Sure, let’s go," he told his adoptive brother, as the two ventured towards the stand of trees. It was funny to seem them walk side by side, crisp white next to rich black. He wondered vaguely how he and his brother were connected to one another, because he realized they weren’t blood. He knew he had been told before, but he didn’t like to worry himself too much with details. But then he remembered. Dierdre. That’s why the name was familiar. Dierdre had been his mother – his real mother, the one he had never met – and she had adopted Jazper as her own. That was it. Now he knew.

"I’ve seen books in the house, but I never know what they say. Is it hard to read ‘em?" He blinked his eyes, shifting his gaze from his paws up to the land stretching away in front of them. He wondered if anyone had ever had the same kind of eyes as he had – one yellow and one that was vertically split with yellow and blue. He wasn’t aware that he got the mismatched eyes from his mother. What he did know was that the split eye was not something common in nature. He could tell by the way eyes feel on him whenever he approached a group. Even those familiar with it seemed to let their gaze linger there for just a moment longer. He wondered… was it some sort of omen?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread