Everyone I know
[html]
Nathaniel Guffawlins
My heart is numb, has no feeling. So while I'm still healing
Just try and have a little patience.
Word Count :: 587

He couldn't move much due to the snow that was packed around his body. As he had fallen his board had come flying out of his hands and had landed softly a few yards away. He was glad for this, at least, because he had no idea what sort of damage snow could do to the paneling if it had gone down with him and become covered. He hoped that the piece of paneling would be some sort of a hint to a passerby that there was somebody nearby...or some kind of marker for his body should he not get out of this alive. With of all the deadly canines he had encountered both in and out of Inferni, the fact that he would die due because of something as simple as snow seemed ironic to him. He gave a chuckle that turned into a whimper at the thought of his fate, closing his eyes for a moment and trying to take deep breaths. The snow covered him all the way up to the bottom of his upward-tilted muzzle, his two hands barely reaching out above the surface of it. It pressed in on his body, putting pressure on his lungs and causing him to panic a bit as he stood there. His toes weren't on the ground, but on another layer of snow that was strong enough to support him.

Nathaniel began to shiver as the cold set in. He didn't know who would possibly be out here at this time of day, walking off the path that had been beaten through the snow from his many walks out to the clearing. From this viewpoint he could still see a couple of stars in the sky through the crooked, leafless branches above, and he focused on those as he tried not to panic and move more. It was difficult to hear anything over the rush of the wind, and even when he concentrated he could hear nothing else. Suddenly, though, a sound did break through the din. He heard a loud crunching sound coming closer and closer to his location, then it stopped. There was a movement beside him, then a massive shifting in the snow. Someone had come! The male stopped struggling, letting the other dig him out a bit before he tried to move. He took the offered hand, allowing Helotes to yank him up out of the grips of the white powder.

First his breath came in harsh gasps, his lungs getting used to breathing more normally, and then the shivering started. He felt as if he'd seen this male before, but at the same time he could not place where exactly that had been. He reached for the buttons on his jacket with now numb fingers, trying to get them into their holes and failing miserably. Instead, he crossed his arms, trying to hold it closed while he tried to regain some composure. "I um..meant to do that.." He mumbled, turning to stare back at the large Nathaniel-sized hole he'd left in the pile. His gaze went back to Helotes as he remembered something, his entire reason for coming out this way. "Have you seen a piece of wood laying around here? Not just any old log, but a long slab? I think I dropped it when I..fell. And my hat.." He glanced about, but didn't see his panel laying around anywhere. "And uh..thanks for pulling me out of there, man. I feel like I know you from somewhere...but I dunno where."

Image courtesy of F3rd4

<style>
.SS15141211_JTreeNat .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_JTreeNat p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_JTreeNat b {font-family:verdana; color:#000000; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_JTreeNat {background-color:#cac9b2; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; color:#1b1d1b; line-height:12px; width:90%; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9020/jamesnan.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; border:2px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px;}
.SS15141211_JTreeNat .name {text-align:center; font-family:fantasy; color:#141414; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#858585 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:5px;}
.SS15141211_JTreeNat .lyrics {text-align:center; font-family:braggadocio; color:#383b3f; font-size:22px; text-shadow:#858585 1px 1px 1px; padding:25px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:12px;}
.SS15141211_JTreeNat .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:cursive; color:#4e5255; font-size:10px; padding:5px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:5px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread