Intruder Alert!
[html]

Got permission off Kitty for Alaki and Miwa powerplay ^^ word count: 1104

Aoi woke up in Miwa's room with a yelp. She'd slept with her newly reunited sister during the night, on a bed of cushions that she hadn't had the luxury of before. Aoi looked very scared as she jumped up in the air and looked around quickly, checking in all directions for the monsters that were in her dreams. She'd dreamt of bears tearing apart the cave and attacking her new-found family, but luckily, they were not real. Not real. Aoi muttered to herself. She shook her head vigorously as if to shake off all her troubles, and then tenderly wandered out of the room, out into the den.

There was something on Aoi's mind, that she'd been wanting to ask Alaki for a long time. She didnt call Alaki her dad yet, because she didnt feel enough connection between them, and so she just called him what everyone else called him. Perhaps it was not the lack of connection, but the influence of others. It wasn't like she could really have a connection with him anyway, seeing as he'd been sleeping the whole time since she'd arrived. Aoi wanted him to wake up more than anything.

The girl walked out of the room, past the boulder, and into the training area. It was some time of creeping about silently before she finally got to her dad's room. She didn't go inside the room but put her little pup-head to the door, speaking softly. Alaki? Aoi questioned, brown eyes fluttering. All she heard was the soft murmurs of sleep. She thought Alaki was sick, at least that's what someone had told her. Or just very tired. ALAKI! she shouted, louder now. She heard mumbles now, and assumed he was asking her what she wanted, either that or just talking in his sleep. Can I have a pet? she asked, her voice loud and coarse. Mhnhhhmmh... came a sleepy voice. At that moment, Miwa appeared behind Aoi, having been woken up by her sister's nightmares, following Aoi. Well, he didn't say no, so he obviously means yes. said Miwa. Aoi grinned, assuming Miwa knew a lot more about her dad than she did, living with him most of her life. Yay! Aoi grinned, and with that, she tottered out of the den without a second thought.

She was on a mission, now! She'd seen lots of cats, and all sorts of creatures round the pack, but hadn't really approached one. Until now. Today, she aimed to finally get a pet. Whether it was big or small, ugly or cute, she didn't mind, just as long as it lived and breathed. A month back, she had asked her mother the same question; if she could have a pet. The result was a smooth rock, with a smiley face drawn on in ochre paint. Aoi couldn't have been more upset and disappointed that day. Afterwards, she'd made it a priority to bring home everything she found, when out exploring the woods. She'd bring back birds nests, ducks, squirrels... anything she could get her hands on, much to her mothers dismay. Once, she'd covered the whole floor of their den in frogs. But she couldn't help her love for the low-speakers.

Out of the den, she ran madly around the cavern-corridors, the lupine form dancing around like a true youngster, a bundle of energy. The meek girl was just passing a particularly spooky looking entrance when suddenly, something made a very loud, and disturbing, noise. Aoi jumped, and turned around suddenly, her eyes flicking left and right. Scared out of her brains, Aoi carried on looking for the source of the noise, and then it came again, yet more aduible and coherent this time. INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! screeched the voice, in broken high speech. Aaaiiii! cried Aoi, finally tilitng her head upwards to see a hooded crow flying above her. Aoi's ears fell flat against her head and she scowled, watching as the crow circled her as if she was a carcass. INTRUDER- the bird was cut off with a puppy-growl from Aoi, and the girl leapt up to grab at the bird ferociously with her mouth. The bird flew just out of reach, and then circled again, taunting her. Intruder CAN'T catch Saigai! screeched the crow, before flying straight past Aoi and through a dark passageway. Angered, and afraid of losing her dignity to the likes of a crow, she followed, determined and snarling like a true pup.

The chase was on. The scrawny white and black crow was fast on his wings, and it was a tough job for Aoi to keep up with her bulky, puppy-fat riddled body. The little wolf constantly leapt up in the air to bat at the bird with her paw, but to no avail. The crow was quick, and slick, and nifty beyond compare! However, Aoi was clever. She found they seemed to be running in the same pattern, and soon she began to recognize each passageway, each door. Eventually, she spied upon a dead end, that they continuously went past. Aoi put on a sudden burst of speed, and darted right in front of the crow, forcing it to go left....left towards the dead end! A victory woop burst from her eager maw when she finally trapped the crow, against a wall. It's heart fluttered like a moth, and she could hear it. Intruder let Saigai go NOW! squawked the crow. Aoi shook her head defiantly, locking eyes with the bird. I caught you, fair and pear! she shouted at the crow, getting a word in a bit of a confused muddle. And I am certainly not an intruder! she cried. I'm Aoi, and my father's Alaki, and I live here now, so there! proudly, she lifted her muzzle up in the air and plopped down on her rump. The girl wasn't usually as talkative, usually very shy in fact, but this crow had made her angry!

The crow, who actually had seen Alaki around and heard that he was dangerous, and apparently mentally disturbed at once point, however of authoity in the pack, immidietly shut its beak and stared blankly at Aoi. The bird muttered something to itself in Low Speech, figuring Aoi wouldn't understand. It went something along the lines of how he was to repay her, and he didn't want to die, if somehow translated to high speech. Aoi replied without a second thought: I know! You can repay me by being my pet. But you have to be a good pet. and so it was decided, in the dead-end passageway, that Aoi would have her first pet.

Aoi Itou

<style>
.freetable-d04 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-d04 b {color:#171816;}
.freetable-d04-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-d04-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#768D50; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:0px 25px;}
.freetable-d04-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-d04 {background-color:#768D50; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2A331A; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread