Warmer Days Ahead

[html]

Like an answered prayer X'yrin arrived, bearing upon her shoulders the very substance that Nayru had been, and always seemed to be these days, longing for. Yet ever the polite and proper thing that she was, Nayru's eyes did not linger long on the little fawn but caught the Nomad's own. The woman bowed to her, shrugging back the dead deer, and Nayru dipped her head very low indeed. "Greetings and Namaste X'ryin." Her lilting voice floated up from her sitting position and Nayru thought of standing to greet her friend but her bones refused and she knew too that the Exultare woman would have protested such an act from the weary Jiryu.

"I'm quite well my friend, only enjoying the sun while I might." Those she was in a constant state of exhaustion and her body never ceased to ache, her spirits were cheery that day. More so than they seemed in the past few. And yet, as she considered her friend she frowned just then, motioning that the woman might sit beside her rather than tower above. The Jiryu had always been perceptive, so much so that it often appeared she were a mind reader of most anyone. Yet it did not take a mind reader to know the weariness that X'yrin carried with her. With a pang of guilt Nayru had to acknowledge this.

"Are you alright?" She knew that Saluce had taken time off from his constant hunting and border patrol, but to pick up the slack X'yrin had filled in his place. Had it not been for Nayru and the sudden increase of hungry pups in their presence such endless toil would not have been necessary. As it were Nayru suddenly longed to be well again with a desire she had not known in the past ten days fill with nothing but nursing, napping, eating and excreting. It should be her, not X'yrin, providing for her own family. And it should be her, not the kind golden eyed lady, who labored from dawn until dusk and sometimes through the night.

Nayru shifted uncomfortably, hoping that the woman would not refuse the spot beside her on the sun soaked ground. Soon enough Saul and she would be self sufficient, and soon after that Nayru would be on her feet again and then, then she could repay the couple for all they had done. Until then the two toned canine could only murmur soft words of regret. "I fear you are weary and I believe it to be my own fault."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread