Warmer Days Ahead
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

Simply coming to rest as she labored for her brethren had yet to cross her mind, and as she looked to the Ryu’s offer that she oblige, none but surprise had shown upon the woman’s face. She had little time to be idle, not with mouths to feed and pups to nurture. If only time were an endless thing with no account for the hours of reserved light in the day, she would have gladly taken a seat beside her superior and give her legs a much needed break.

But it was not without reluctance that she complied to the gentle woman’s offer. Shrugging the meat carefully off her shoulders she let its rear end drop at her feet while she lumbered over to Nayru’s side and seated herself. She kept the torso of the carcass braced against her chest to keep its vital innards from the cold until she was able to carve it for their meal. Yet another thing she would have to do. Bitterly, the she-wolf recalled that the last time she had taken a succulent liver for herself was during the Hibernal celebration, and now like a lowered rank cur, there was only tendons and muscle awaiting her at home after her tireless efforts. Truly it was not the fault of the Ryu or her brood, but a part of this familiar life the warrior had volunteered for. Had she been swollen with pups there would be no need for these thoughts… Yet she could not neglect that had that been the case, her mate would have slunk on until death took him- that stubborn, determined fool.

Nayru’s exclamation of her wellness fell on muted ears but received a flicker of her long receptors in acknowledgement. Her gaze became fixed on the snow attempting with that strength she could muster to keep her sullen eyes open and mind in her present. They did however enlarge when the lady inquired about her own state. The Nomad shrugged absently, resorting to gesture than words before her mind thought better of it.

“I am weary…” she relieved an exhausted sigh. “But that cannot be helped. Our force has suffered with the incapacitation of a few of our brethren; Saluce with his illness included. I cannot let this continue if there is a way to lessen the load from others.” Absently her gaze drifted from the gently churned snow to the earthen brown pelt of her catch. “There is no reason for me to be still any longer. So I must do what I can…”

ooc: 425 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread