Charmed in her embrace
[html]
Terra

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

The wolf promised the pipe was simple, passing it over for her to examine. It was a smooth wood, full of holes. Terra ran her hands over it, even lifting it up and looking clear through to the other side where he sat. She passed it back to him, and gasped as he promptly broke the pipe in two. Desolate she stared at it. Now she never would learn how to play it. The lower half was passed to her, and Terra ran her hands across, this time discovering the interlocking parts that allowed it to separate. It was like a riddle, twisting and turning together. Terra smiled at the discovery, hands dancing across the parts. She could use this information for her games and tricks.

Obediently Terra moved her hands like he said, covering the holes on the pipe. She blew in, listening to the soft noise it created. It wasn't as smooth and beautiful as what the wolf had made, but it was something Terra had created herself. A broad smile coated her face as she played the notes again and again, not always in the pattern he'd shown her. At his words she removed her thumb from the hole, revealing a fifth note. Playfully Terra's hand danced across the holes, creating a short jittery tune. Her tail wagged in pleasure. It was rough, lacking the rhythm and smoothness that the notes should have if they were actually supposed to connect that way, but it was beautiful to her ears.

Glancing back up at the stranger Terra smiled. She passed the pipe back. Thank you. I believe I owe you something in return now? She smiled, her eyes bright as her tail wagged. I can give you a story, if you'd care to listen. That was really all she had to offer her companion, but the stories contained the tricks and knowledge that her kind had survived with for generations.

<style type="text/css">
.freeleaf .space {float:right; width:350px; height:450px;}
.freeleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeleaf p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.freeleaf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.freeleaf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; }
.freeleaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; text-align:center; text-shadow:#241c11 1px 0px 1px; color:#ffffff; margin:20px}
.freeleaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.freeleaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#766352; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RaXzc.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#241c11; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

Messages In This Thread