Charmed in her embrace
[html]
Terra

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

Terra laughed as he wriggled his ears. It was rather funny, watching them move that way. Terra shifted back in her seat, cozy now that she was dry. She looked outside, searching for the right story to tell. It would have to be the right one, to match the stranger's spirit and the beating of nature around them. After all, all the stories were a reflection of their world, made for them to learn from and grow. Terra's eyes shone as a story leaped out to her, reaching from the rain outside.

We didn't always have rain. Terra turned and met the wolf's eyes, measuring his belief and willingness to let her continue. All the water of the world was kept in rivers, and streams and lakes and the wide far ocean. It wasn't distributed evenly though, leaving large barren areas where no animals or plants could go. With no water there, they all died too quickly under the relentless sun. Terra closed her eyes, picturing the heat and the animals turning away.

This wasn't good for Coyote. She loved wandering the world, and didn't like that so much of it was cut off from her. Even worse, the animals being crowded together meant that many of her enemies were nearby as well. Coyote had to constantly fight for her life, pulling trick after trick to escape from Cougar and Bear. At last, frustrated about it, Coyote decided to find someone who could move the water for her, and put it in places where there wasn't any so she could travel.

The enemies of coyotes hadn't changed much with the years. It wasn't an active fighting, unless one counted the fact that bears routinely were grumpy and would kill a coyote for being in the area, or cougars killing them when they decided to steal a kill. At the top of the world there was a special place. Lots of water was kept there. A jealous old man stood watch at the edge, protecting it from any creature thirsty enough to drink there. Coyote knew this, and decided to make the man share his water. That was exactly what Terra did, convincing others to share their meals.

Coyote walked up to the old man. He knew of Coyote, and grabbed his stick, ready to beat her in case she tried to get close enough to steal his water. "What do you want, Coyote? Don't think you'll be getting any water from me!" Terra's eyes shone as she reached this part, excited for what was to come. Coyote bent her head, pretending to be humble. "Why old man, I would never do such a thing. No, I simply wanted to know if you really could travel all around the world. Badger said you could. I wondered if if was true." The old man straightened, proud of the false praise. "Of course I can. With this much water I can go anywhere I want!"

Coyote grinned. "Really? Let's see." The old man lifted up a huge pouch, containing enough water for the whole world. He began to walk, but just as he passed by Coyote quietly bit a hole in the sack. The old man didn't notice, and walked trailing water behind him. The pouch grew lighter and lighter, until the old man was forced to return to get more. "Did you go all the way around the world?" Coyote asked. The old man shook his head. "I suppose you really can't then." Angry the old man snatched his pouch and began again. He took a different route, only to have it empty just as quickly as the first.

The old man had no idea what was wrong, and returned perplexed. "Did you do it this time?" Coyote asked. Again, the old man was forced to say no. "I suppose you really can't then." The old man shook his fist at Coyote angrily. "I'll show you! I'll keep going until I succeed!" The old man filled the pouch again, and headed out. With the hole Coyote had made though, the water always fell out, creating rain. So the old man tries and tries, varying where he goes to walk all around the world, and Coyote laughs. Grinning Terra faced her companion, waiting for his reaction.

<style type="text/css">
.freeleaf .space {float:right; width:350px; height:450px;}
.freeleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeleaf p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.freeleaf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.freeleaf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; }
.freeleaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; text-align:center; text-shadow:#241c11 1px 0px 1px; color:#ffffff; margin:20px}
.freeleaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.freeleaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#766352; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RaXzc.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#241c11; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

Messages In This Thread