Please dont be scared of me
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 410

Fawkes eyed the bi-colored female carefully, his wings flapping a little in distaste when she came closer. The large predator flexed his claws on Hotaru's shoulder and slightly spread his broad wings. Leaning forward the bird opened his beak a little, but made no noise. It was his way of warning other canines, his way of saying don't get too close. Fawkes didn't like others getting too close to Hotaru out of fear they might try to harm her. He felt like he had to protect the grey wolf, to keep her safe, and warning others to stay a decent distance was the only way he could protect her.

The soft feathers brushing against the back of her head were comforting. Hotaru listened carefully as the stranger introduced herself in an...unusual manner. Hotaru wanted to roll her eyes at the word cute as she stared out into the darkness, but for the sake of being polite she kept still. The grey wolf had little patience for small talk and strangers alike. All she wanted to do was search for her all important tools before she was forced to return to her duties at Cercatori d'Arte. Hotaru could hear the stranger's approach, but she didn't get close enough to Hotaru to cause the blind woman to worry. Hotaru placed a soothing hand on Fawkes's chest, allowing her to gently rub the birds chest and silently communicate that he needn't take such precautions. "Pleasure to meet you. My name is Hotaru, the grumpy one is Fawkes. I'm afraid to say that this is my first time in this city. Although my venture here is of no real importance. What about yourself? What brings you here."

When one was blind, it was always important to play ball by the opponent's rules. If Axelle wanted small talk, Axelle got small talk. If Axelle wanted a pleasant conversation, then Axelle got a pleasant conversation and a polite smile to boot. Hotaru had learned early on that she should avoid fights as much as possible, however she also needed to appear strong and confident. Even when the grey female was concerned or agitated, she always tried to show a confident demeanor. That day was no different. Hotaru stood with her head high and her ears alert, but her tail was down and relaxed. Her voice remained polite and steady despite the fact she was extremely nervous to be in a new place with a strange wolf.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread