Dark Is the Sky
He watched, and he listened. When it was his turn, he spoke, his chin lifting slightly, his shoulders squaring as if daring anyone to condemn his words. "I am Liam, and I am a loner. We come to join because Aniwaya would not have me. When I was a member of D'Arte, I had several run ins with shadow wolves, the same creatures that killed my mother and sister. Not like you, sir, but black wolves with evil hearts. Some would call them demons. One day, I killed one. I remember destroying a shadow wolf, though they claim it was nothing but the pup my... Taliesin and Sky adopted. I think it was the shadow wolf, but Ayasha says that the artisians beat me severely, leaving me for dead in Ethereal Eclipse." His eyes were watching the grey toned male now, watching his reactions.

"I bring with me my hunting skills, my fighting prowess, my strength. I also can read and write, and I can do some carving. I am well versed with mucking out stables and caring for livestock, and I am a quick learner of skills. All I wish is to stay with my mate." His eyes darted to Leon, then back to the Rakeeb, unconsciously giving his mate's shoulder a gentle squeeze.

He wondered if his past would be something that would interfere with their joining; after all, it had been a hindrance for him to joining Aniwaya. He would have been content living life as two mated loners, but his mate, his love, had her heart set on being a member of a pack. He had toyed with the idea of suggesting that they create their own pack, but he wasn't sure she was ready for that idea just yet. And besides, he'd want it somewhere far away from the others, where they could protect against shadow wolves.

In the end, it all came down to making Ayasha happy. That was all he wanted to do. He wanted to see her happy. If telling his story at the border and acting submissive did it, so be it. If his being a bottom ranked wolf instead of a free loner made her happy, so be it. He would give anything at all to make her happy.

((WC: 379))

Messages In This Thread