...by Association
[html]

<33!

It hadn't taken the young male long to recognise the strain on the matriarchal female. Saluce had fallen ill and was bed bound for the time being, and X'yrin had picked up his duties as well as her own. He'd only been here matter of days and he could see that the female was running herself into the ground. It wasn't fair that she would have to do this and Saul felt incredibly guilty whenever he saw X'yrin. He was trying to find a place to dig a better den for him and Nayru, and their impromptu family, as well as trying to earn his rank back. He knew why Nayru hadn't just handed him the rank back when he'd come home- he needed to earn his place amoung the pack once more. It didn't bother him too much at the moment, but he knew his patience wasn't the best thing.

X'yrin turned, a lock of hair between her fingers and Saul allowed a soft smile to grace his lips. She was a beautiful female, a fact Saul could respect about her. She was also a very powerful presence. She dipped her head softly and Saul returned the gesture, a mutually silent greeting followed by a verbal acknowledgement. Her voice sounded tired to him, but it had been that way since he'd returned and first met her. "All mine" He murmured softly, returning her assurances that it was a pleasure to see him. She followed it with a question and Saul chuckled softly. "Actually, I followed your scent out here. I wanted to hunt and I wondered if you would like to join me?" He asked, hoping he didn't sound demanding of his superior. He couldn't tell whether X'yrin was just really tired, or whether she had a dislike for him.

"I didn't want Nayru hurting herself trying to hunt, so I came out here. I hope I wasn't intruding on anything?" He asked, green eyes concerned. She seemed rather pensieve and Saul wasn't entirely certain that he'd caught her on the way back to the den with nothing to do. He was tempted to shift up into his optime form so that they weren't so uneven, but he had no clothes with him and he didnt want to appear rude. So he remained on four paws, ears swivelling back and forward to pick up anything the Kozan said.

word count → 400 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread