...by Association
[html]

<33!

The young male watched from his vantage point on the ground as X'yrin ghosted forward, golden eyes fixed on the doe's head. He wasn't entirely sure what she was doing as she grasped the lower jaw of their deceased quarry, tugging and pulling until it levered free. He watched in silence as she gave it to her bird, before laying down close by. He didn't want to intrude on her silence, but it appeared she wouldn't be eating today. It would mean more for Nayru and anyone else who wished to feast on their catch, but it also meant that X'yrin wouldn't be eating, Green eyes were critical as he looked her over, trying to see if she was genuinely just not hungry or whether there was something wrong with her. He couldn't see anything on the outside, but that meant nothing. So instead, he shuffled forward a few paces so that he could stretch his neck out, touching the pad of her left back paw with the tip of his nose.

"X'yrin? Are you alright?" He asked, green eyes concerned. He may not know her very well, or at all as a matter of fact but there was certainly a potential for the young Stormbringer to care for the female that appeared to have'd wiggled her way into Saluce's heart. Saul knew how difficult that feat was, and his relationship with the grey warrior was strictly father and son basis. She must be someone special to have broken down his barriers, to get him to see that mateship really wasnt that bad. He thought of Layla, they're failed marriage, how Saul had asked the older male once about it. It had been just before he'd left and Saul had missed the warrior when he'd gone. But he also understood now the reasons for it- he'd give anything to forget the time with Siku, to just forget anything had ever happened. Saluce hadn't been running away, he'd needed to clear his head to come back again.

"I'm glad you're in Saluce's life. He hasn't had the best luck with women and it pleases me to see my adopted father happy again." He told her truthfully, though he gave a soft chuckle. "Even if he is sick and feeling sorry for himself at the moment." He chuckled softly, knowing that Saluce wouldn't permit himself to be treated, even if Saul could offer him some natural remedies to help him out. Shaking his head softly, he fixed his eyes on the eating bird, wondering how much X'yrin would open up to him. Afterall, he was the wayward son, returned home after hunting for people who didn't want to be around him anymore.

word count → 450 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread