...by Association
[html]

<33!

She looked as if she might be sleeping, stretched out beside the carcass of a doe and the feasting form of her owl. Her breath rose at a steady pace, although it was not deep enough to imitate actual sleep. But she appeared completely relaxed and content. He wished he hadn't broken the silence now, but as his nose touched her paw, she twisted up to look at him. He smiled sheepishly, an apologetic set to his ears and posture. With his hind legs stretched out behind him, he looked a lot like he might be crawling along the ground rather than stretching out to touch the females paw with his own nose. She assured him, with a gentle paw to his head that he had not expected, that she was fine. Green eyes were just a little sceptical for the moment, before she began to explain a little bit about her quietness.

"Nomads? I don't think I've ever heard of them. They are your people, where you came from?"

He asked, thinking back to see if he could recall hearing anything about these Nomad race. It was true that he found X'yrin a particular brand of strange sometimes, and he'd always put that down to her culture before arriving in Ichika. It was true that Ichika certainly had its own distinct religion, while it accepted everyone elses ideals about faith. He himself didn't particularly have a religion. He liked the think that he was a bit of a spiritualist- optimistic that there was something more beyond this world, that there was a purpose and a pathway that he was to follow in order to achieve something greater than himself. He didn't know if he believed in a God or a divine being, but there was a certain degree of belief that he wasn't here just because. There was something else he had to do.

He almost didn't catch her sudden interest in the topic, but he watched as she straightened up, ears perking and eyes sparking with interest. He internally groaned- he shouldn't have said anything. It was clear to a blind man that Saluce loved the female that had waltzed into his life. Saul didn't think that they would ever be able to separate from one another. It didn't matter about whom else he'd been with, because X'y was his life now. But she spoke up, echoing his words and intoning with a question. Green eyes grew slightly anxious, before he stammered. "W-well, there was Layla in Dahlia de Mai, which didn't last long. She was far too... weak? For Saluce anyway. Or perhaps I should say dependent- she wasn't exactly one to do a lot for herself." He said, loathing to diss the female, but knowing the reasons Saluce had broken things off with her.

"She was his only other mate, but there have been a few females after Layla that have all ended in ruin. A female from Crimson Dreams, another pack down south, used to come over to Dahlia a lot and I think something happened with them. I'm not sure though, because nothing official was ever announced. Not long after that, Saluce left Dahlia for a little while. I think he'd had enough of females in general." He said softly, before he brightened up. "And now he has you, and I've never seen him so happy. As his adopted son, who has seen him in much worse states than this, I can tell you that you are his whole life X'y." His voice grew compassionate as he spoke of his adopted father, hoping beyond anything that X'yrin would believe in the love they shared and not let his past ruin everything. And if Saul ruined their relationship through his disgustingly open mouth, he would never forgive himself.

word count → 634 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread