everywhere i go
[html]

<3

His cousin had always been the more relaxed of the two and Saul was willing to put it down to character traits. He knew, somewhere in his mind, that there was very little he could do about the will of others. Eclipse knew this too, but she had the fundamental trait that told her to just accept it and move on. Unfortunately, Saul was not blessed as such and he remained ever fretful that he wasn't doing enough, he was never doing enough to make Ichika and Cerne Rise a place that his family would want to stay in. Eventually he would come to understand to live his own life and leave everything else to whomever it belonged to. Her soft voice came again and Saul allowed green eyes to catch dark blue before he smiled softly.

"You're right, as always. Just as long as I know you're safe and happy, I'm fine with wherever you are." He offered in return, although there was a certain amount of trepidation in his tone. He would prefer that she stay close- he liked to think that the two of them had a strong enough bond to want to be around one another, to live in the same place at least. And Eclipse seemed to be doing so well here that Saul was doubtful she'd want to go anywhere else. Of course, it would be her choice either way and the sooner he accepted that, the better. As he handed Temeraire over, Saul thought he saw a moment of panic cross his cousins features and he smiled reassuringly. He knew, without a doubt, that Eclipse would never endanger or harm his son and he trusted her wholeheartedly to look after him.

She held him cradled in her arm, the other hovering over his sleeping body, stroking at the downy fur that covered his face. Saul knew that Eclipse would make a great mother some day, although it made him shudder to think of the acts that would give her children. She shifted slightly, moving further into the foyer they'd stopped in to protect his body from the cold. She spoke then, her eyes firmly placed on his sons sleeping body. Saul knew that he got a lot like Eclipse was now- mesmerised by him. "Thank you. I'm very lucky to have him." He said softly, having forgotten all about the present he'd been about to hand over before he remembered with a softly jolt.

"I have something for you." He said softly, pulling out a dark leather rope, which had hanging from it a wooden charm very similar to Saul's own. He smiled softly as he looked down at the animal he'd chosen to embody Eclipse- a squirrel. It suited her perfectly- the playful attitude, the boundless energy, but also the hard working, self preserving, resourcefulness that made Eclipse into who she was. He thought the animal suited her perfectly and he moved forward with a smile. He slipped the charm over her head, careful not to catch her ears or her tumbling brown locks. It settled on her breast bone and Saul chuckled softly. "There..." He murmured gently, before gesturing to the living room further back into the building.

"Perhaps you'd like to come sit down and I'll tell you what happened after I left" He asked, green eyes portraying a slither of pain at the thought of having to relay the story once more. But he knew that he needed to tell his cousin what had happened since he'd left and he would tell it without flinching away from it. Everything happened for a reason, and his reward for that was the little boy in his cousins arms.

618 words

<style>
.saul-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.saul-b01 {background-color:#768DFF; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /o6COs.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 80px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#17163C; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.saul-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.saul-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #17163C; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread