everywhere i go
[html]

<3

Saul had found it ironic, moving to Ichika. He'd always thought that Dahlia was his whole life- he would never change and Dahlia would never move. When Nayru had first suggested it, Saul had protested against it vehemently. Dahlia de Mai was his home, his whole life. He never wanted anything different. His mentality had also sat with the fact that it was the most likely place for Ascher and Shiloh to return to them. Dahlia was their home base and his siblings would have no idea what had happened if they came back and found the Dahlians up and gone. Saul wasn't the only one- little Magnolia had left not long after the announcement and Saul had seen her once since then. She grown so much and the male didn't recognise her when they'd met up for the first time not long ago. Of course, his opinion had shifted so much since then. The move to Ichika had forced him to grow up and he no longer clung to the childish fantasy that his family would be together all of the time. While he had been damaged severely by his families leaving, there was a smaller part of his brain that forced him to admit that there was nothing he could do about it. And then there was the fact that he still had a lot here to return to. Ichika was like emerging from captivity- he found he had a lot more freedom to do as he wished. Ichika was something he had never dreamed of, but it was such an eye opener that Saul found it impossible to regret the decision to come here.

Lost in his own thoughts for a moment, the young male wasn't paying particular attention to his cousin as they moved towards the living area. He heard Temeraire stir in Eclipse's arms and he glanced back to catch the look of sheer panic in his cousins dark blue eyes before his son settled and she smiled down at him. He was a good pup, despite his youth and Saul was sure he wouldn't have caused much trouble had he woken up. He was usually easy to settle into something. Of course, the large feed he'd been given before Saul had left to find Eclipse would have done wonders for the little pup. He would be out for a good few hours before he felt the stirrings of hunger in his belly and he would have to take him back to his caregiver for some more food. For now, he was more than happy to allow Eclipse to hold her new cousin- he was just glad that they'd made it back to Ichika relatively unharmed. She spoked softly and Saul smiled, a nod his only reply as the two of them sat on the sofa that still remained in the common area of Cerne Rise. He had no idea where to begin, but he knew that he must.

"When Gideon and Siku left back in the fall, I don't really know what I was thinking when I followed them. I guess I couldn't let them walk away from me without explaining why and where they were going." He paused, green eyes flickering back and forward as he searched for a way to explain his heartbreak. "I found Siku not long after I left Ichika. I'm not really sure what happened, but we argued and she told me she didn't love me any more, that she didn't want to see me again. I was pretty distraught..." He gulped, green eyes filling with tears as he tried to get past the huge lump in his throat. "I guess it was a folly to believe that after all the times she'd left me before that she still wanted to be with me. Still, I didn't know that her feelings had changed that much. Perhaps if I'd known I would never have gone. I wish I hadn't." He whispered softly, fingering the owl charm on his chest. He hadn't been so wise in that moment, that was for sure. "I managed to pull myself together to sort Hermes out, who'd gotten himself stuck in a bramble bush. Siku was long gone by then and I didn't want to follow her, to see if she really meant it. She wouldn't have said it if she didn't mean it. It was while I was trying to sort Hermes out, and find my way home, that a female by the name of Imari Hart found me. She was nice enough and she invited my back to her camp so that I could see to Hermes' wounds better."

He certainly didn't have the guts to admit that he'd had a one night stand with this female, but there was nothing else to tell her about that night other than what had happened. "I don't really know how it happened, but she got me drunk and seduced me. We m-mated that night and in the morning she was long gone." He stumbled over the word, before he gently shook his head. "It must have been the alcohol, but I didn't think anything would happen by it. And I carried on to see if I could find Gideon." He said softly, rubbing his face gently as he looked down at his son. While the night had been a mistake, he couldn't bring himself to regret it now that Temeraire was safe with him. His son was a wonderful boy and he knew that he wouldn't have his child without that fateful night. Even so, he couldn't bring himself to look at his cousin come daughter, before he straightened and continued. "Surprisingly, I found Gideon. A small part of me didn't think I would do it, but I caught up with him around Alaska. We had a long conversation and the whys of his leaving and what he was going to do. It wanted him to come back, but he told me he wouldn't be returning any time soon. He went to go and find our father, as well as Ascher and Shiloh if he could. I didn't have the heart to ask him to come back again..." He said, unsure whether Eclipse was aware of his brothers failed mateship with their leader.

"Well anyway, I left Gideon in the morning and started heading for home. I think I got lost so many times I had no idea where I was going, but nothing really exciting started happening until I knew I'd found my way home. I was about a days ride from Ichika when I heard her. Her voice was so weak that I almost missed it, but Hermes stopped and we turned back. She caught up with us, looking haggard and a mess. In her arms, she cradled this little boy, whom she thrust out to me. She told me that she couldn't look after him, that she would be a terrible mother and that he would be far better off with me. I had no choice but to take him and bring him home. I'm very glad I did though..." Saul trailed off, green eyes fixed on the small body of his son. He'd never regret a minute he spent with his son.

1211 words

<style>
.saul-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.saul-b01 {background-color:#768DFF; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /o6COs.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 80px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#17163C; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.saul-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.saul-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #17163C; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread