Like a fairy tale
[html]

25th is fine by me! lovely outfit deary!

He had no idea what he was doing here. He couldn't dance, there was no doubt in his mind about that fact. He always felt like an idiot, trying to sway or move to a beat. He had no idea how to move, to let go of the stiff rigidity that structured most of his life. While he wasn't a very awkward person in general, he also wasn't described as a very fluid person either. His element would have been Earth, most definitely not Fire or Water. So what on earth he was doing in Cour des Miracles tent, standing on the sidelines watching the instructors slow their moves down to demonstrate what they'd just done for a couple in front of them that were having trouble, Saul could feel the slight twinges of anxiety running through his belly. He'd been determined to participate in all of the pack activities, to broaden his horizons and learn some new skills that wouldn't have been available otherwise. Of course, ballroom dancing was something that he hadn't expected to ever learn.

Green eyes flitted all over the large tent, noticing a few dancing on their own before they found partners. While Saul was usually confident with his life, but he'd entered the tent this evening and completely frozen. Sticking to the edges of the tent, he'd tried his best to spot someone on their own to dance with. He hadn't built the courage up to ask someone to dance before they were claimed by someone else. He couldn't see anyone he knew, and the collective pack scents clinging to the bodies around him was confusing, to say the least. He took a deep breath, pushing down his qualms. He should really just suck it up. His eyeline was caught by a dark haired beauty in a backless dress, accompanied by a friend who broke off and away from her. Perhaps he had a shot here.

Saul tried to swallow the almost fear that rose in his gut as he propelled himself forward. The crush of bodies convoluted around him like a living being and Saul missed a few beats before he picked the rhythm up and moved with it. He'd learnt a long time ago to go with the flow instead of against it. He watched as the female swayed on her own, her body moving fluidly with the music. He stopped in front of her, a shy smile on his face. "May I have this dance?" He asked, feeling just a little corny as he held his hands out for her. He didn't know her name, nor where she came from, but it was just a dance and the both of them could use a partner.

454 words

<style>
.saul-d19 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-d19 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-d19 b {color:#D6ECF8; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-d19 {background-color:#728792; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aul3-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1A2023; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 270px 0px; }
.saul-d19-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread