Far from today
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... m_bot1.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">

OOC:
I'm sorry for getting back at you after almost a week. My RL life has been bugging me lately *kills it*

IC:

Urma's patience was beginning to waver. This wolf seemed keen on getting on her nerves, and although it upset Urma terribly, she managed to nonetheless. Urma was by nature very calm and patient, but this was affecting her so much because she had really no clue whatsoever why it was that Ember wanted to annoy her. She focused on her memories, trying to place the female somewhere in the few memories she had since the shipwreck. But no, until Pilot she had stirred away from other wolves, and she knew there was no likelihood that Urma would know Ember from anywhere else. She had a good memory for faces, and she was very sure that had she met Ember before, she would have recognized her now. "I am quite certain that my pack would accept me, no matter how I am, as long as I am not a liability to them. Whereas you seem keen to break any possible rules. It wouldn't surprise me much if this attitude of yours simply portrayed that of a bitter outcast," she spoke firmly, pushing away doubts and fears, knowing that those would never help her deal with the wolf efficiently. Somewhere in the back of her mind she heard a tiny voice telling her she sounded like her mother. It was something she had never wanted to be, mainly because she had learned that her mother had qualities of a leader she had never inherited. Maybe somewhere in there some sort of envy ruled Urma's thoughts-- that she had never been so strong, so determined. But this was not the time to think back on what had once been her home.

Urma's eyes narrowed as she listened to the wolf carefully. Although Ember's reply held offense in it, Urma took none. She knew well enough that the female was right-- she had no means of fighting her, and winning. Urma had never fought another wolf in her life-- her brothers or Mörker, as well as the males of the pack, had always taken care not to leave any of the females exposed to any kind of danger. As far as she knew, not one single female in her former pack had ever had to fight another wolf, except perhaps her mother, that had always been by nature determined to be good at everything, including battle. But Urma couldn't agree with Ember and tell her she had a point-- afterall, her weaknesses were her own, and making them public would never bring any good. "I wouldn't expect anything from you, so you can keep all that credit to yourself. If I'll ever need a wolf such as you to believe in me, I'll surely need to re-evaluate myself. I do not value the same things that you do. Now go, before I make you go." So of course it wasn't safe to entice Ember more. But Urma desperately felt the need to do something for Shadowed Sun, and maybe defending it was the thing. Only she had no idea how to defend it, nor whether it was necessary, considering one wolf alone could hardly take on an entire pack.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread