Shot Through The Heart
[html]

Hehe nabbed it and LOVE it!! <3 Thank you darling!!

Vesper’s words hit Blind’s ears in a soup of noise, slowly sorting themselves out until finally they made sense to her frazzled mind. There was an aloofness to her friend’s tone that made the hairs of Blind’s nape stand on end, and her quivering frame shrank away in order to look up at the girl. She moved back against her as soon as she felt the hybrid’s nose press between her ears, smothering her body against the other canine’s. She hardly knew what to say…indeed she had left, but it wasn’t a decision spurred by anything Vesper had done. In fact, there were several times Blind contemplated hunting down her friend and begging her to come with her. But she remembered all too well the hybrid’s reaction when she had asked her to run away with her in jest, and an unsurpassable fear of a second rejection kept her glued to the path through the unclaimed territories until Cherry’s company had distracted her from her travels…and how was she to tell Vesper any of this? She couldn’t…at least not easily, and this tore her apart inside.

The dark she-wolf stared off into the distance past Vesper’s shoulder, her body still trembling uncontrollably. She whimpered softly, trying to gather her thoughts and form them into words as she let the hybrid’s own remarks sink in further. Eventually, Blind cooed, I wasn’t happy there…I had to leave. But I’m here now; I’m never leaving your side again. Her mismatched eyes trailed back up to meet the cold blue of Vesper’s, and her jaw quivered as she took in a staggered breath. Her blue and yellow orbs were still wet with tears, and she searched the girl’s gaze for some hint of affection…something to prove to Blind that this truly was her dear Vessie and not another cruel imitation. She offered a quick lick to the girl’s mangled ear – her favorite place to treat – and then pleaded, Say something Vessie. You seem so cold…has my absence offended you?

She could nearly feel the tension between them, and the chocolate wolfess clambered for some sort of remedy for the situation, anything that could persuade her dear friend to nuzzle up against her again at the very least. And yet, after so many days and nights spent thinking about the hybrid and what she might do if she ever saw her again, she felt lost. Reverting to the typical, child-like demeanor that had defined her before this all started, Blind hunched over and buried her face in the coywolf’s chest, allowing herself to cry and shiver until her body lowered to the ground in exhaustion.

<style>
.blindy .ooc {font-style:italic;color:#d99f64; }
.blindy p {padding:3px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.blindy b {color:#d99f64; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.blindy {background-color:#443e33; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.blindy .text {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#967c59; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:427px; margin-top:-60px; text-align:justify; padding:-150px 0px 10px 0px; }
.blindy-border {width:427px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread