Shot Through The Heart
[html]

Sorry for the wait! Cleaning the house in preparation for a move isn’t conducive to writing lol. And disregard the rambling, I was on headache medicine writing this so it’s mostly incoherent Tongue

As much as Blind tried to focus on the coywolf’s words and allow them to register, all they did was bounce off the softening surfaces of her troubled brain. For a moment she thought to become upset at the notion of her sharing her affections with other canines, but she didn’t have it in her to bring it up. She did, however, allow the hybrid to lift her chin with her narrow snout; now it was the she-wolf’s turn to stand stoic and unmoving, restrained against returning the nuzzle. She knew something had changed inside her in the brief moment that they’d met and quarreled, something even greater than what had changed as a result of her absence, and she wasn’t about to let go of the odd sense of power it seemed to provide her at that moment. The notion that this feeling was mostly likely fake and temporary didn't occur to her.

Vesper had been hurt before…abandoned before. She had a past, just like Blind and every other creature alive. Blind should have told her friend that she wouldn’t leave her, wouldn’t forget or abandon her like her former friends, but all she did was nod. Though they should have, things didn’t seem to make sense to the dark girl; she felt almost drugged by the pain and frantic, mental scrambling for answers. Was her frail mind finally deteriorating to the degree that she’d seen her mother’s deteriorate to? Was she going to starve herself as Rhia had and allow all beauty to hide from her eyes, and allow a numb determination for revenge motivate her steps instead of the mere joy of even being alive? She SHOULD seek out a life of her own, forget her past and move on…there were many moments where she thought her past HAD become just that: passed. But there were also many moments that reminded her of the several mistakes she seemed to be making just by being alive.

With a stiffening of her spine, Blind finally spoke, the confines of her mind cracking and spewing her emotions in controlled streams from her lips: I would be a fool to expect you to have waited for me Vesper, and I would be a fool to expect you to so readily forgive my actions. Perhaps the best move to make at this point would be to move on and live the lives we were meant to? You as a noble pack-mate and me as a misguided wanderer. The she-wolf’s bicolored eyes slid over to find her friend then (could she still call her that?), her demeanor harder than it had ever been. Perhaps the two could eventually make amends and talk things out like sane and un-persuaded individuals, but at the moment emotions were clouding things beyond repair. But still, she didn’t move, waiting for the coywolf to perhaps suggest a more sensible solution.

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blindlight .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:right; font-family:verdana;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread