Shot Through The Heart
[html]
you know life should be beautiful,
so come on out of your shadows for a while

Word Count → 457 :: And normal-sized posts again! Haha yours was fine, and I understand about cleaning. ;__; Think this should be wrapped up soon? :x Like Ves said, it wouldn't be goodbye forever.

Was it worth it?

Blind grew rigid and cold, a stone statue resistant to her would-be soothing words. There had been a time where such words had brought a smile to that pretty dark face, when both had been stumbling over what they had to say because of their proximity. But while the scarred woman’s explanations limped broken from her wagging tongue, the girl was silent and mostly unresponsive. To see her shut out the emotions like Ves often was troubling, to see those mismatched eyes lose their light almost nauseating.

Is it worth it? the voice whispered again, and Vesper twitched her ragged ear. Have you done anything but speak truth to this girl? You know it’s going to be hard to make a friendship work while you’re so torn. You just can’t get over it because, face it, she hurt me. The sudden pronoun change made her realize that these were her conscious thoughts, not a disembodied conscience muttering bitter words into her ear.

The dark auburn she-wolf spoke, and though the hybrid listened with attentive ears and searching blue eyes, all of the fight had left her. She was too tired to force this anymore, whatever “this” happened to be. She’d completely lost track of what they were arguing about since the beginning, other than her own stupid emotions.

“Perhaps,” Vesper said, even as she screamed at herself not to agree with the bitter suggestion. She nearly winced and amended her statement. “Perhaps… Perhaps we should just see how it works out. I know we care dearly for each other”—or used to, at any rate; those empty eyes stared back at her—“but if you want to enjoy freedom and I want to work on my duties, it’s probably best that we part ways.” She was careful not to refer to Blind’s decision as misguided; after all, the coywolf had been a loner for most of her life and had only now found a home. Hopefully, that would be the case for Blind too, unless her paws were the kind made for wandering. There was nothing wrong with that.

“I don’t want to say goodbye, though,” she added quietly, lowering her ears and averting her eyes miserably. “I just want to see how it all works out. I just want both of us to be happy.” There was no point in sacrificing happiness for the sake of one, after all. She had become soft, had risked her life to save others before, but she still spat upon altruism. She wouldn’t cast her life aside if it meant running off with Blind and a host of doubts, and she didn’t want the girl to feel guilty if she wanted to ever wander off again.

coding by Raze; image used with permission from northcry

<style type="text/css">
.vesnorth .space {width:335px; height:386px; float:left;}
.vesnorth b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a6f7b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.vesnorth t {font-style:italic; color:#5a6f7b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.vesnorth p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vesnorth p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vesnorth .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#5a6f7b; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.vesnorth p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vesnorth {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; max-width:749px; background-color:#1c151e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/a7K60.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b5acaf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.vesnorth .name {color:#5a6f7b; font-size:30px; font-style:italic; text-align:center; text-indent:25px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; line-height:30px;}
.credit {font-family:georgia; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; text-align:center; line-height:10px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread