The Trouble with Kids
[html]
sswm 284

Emerald eyes set in a coyote face flickered over him, and Skoll lowered his ears in a mixture of shyness and guilt when she whined. Her quiet concern was slightly better than the sharp words of worry and frustration that most of the other adults attacked him with. Whether or not the boy had truly learned his lesson after the attack and the fear and reprimands that had followed was yet to be seen, but for now he was chastised.

He wouldn’t tell her about the bobcat unless she outright asked, though. Even thinking about the attack made the claw marks sting.

Her jaws working the rabbit once more, Terra defended her actions and nosed the stiffened animal toward her. He gave it an experimental sniff and lick, his nose wrinkling with disgust. “I guess,” he allowed, not sure that Liam could really be mad about anything. He’d always been so patient and nice to his little siblings when they played together. But the pale prince had only wanted to return the favor and look out for him.

Her mention of sharing trouble for him made him grin slightly. “That’s okay. I got ’nough trouble!” Going immediately against his earlier reservations, he turned in a little circle to show her the healed wounds on his haunches. “A tiger,” he proclaimed, wondering if she’d buy his fib and yet doubting it all the same. Maybe another puppy would have gawked and began badgering him for details about the massive beast, but he heard other adults say that Terra was a “trickster” and didn’t think he could ever beat her at her own game.

At least it was a tiger rather than a grizzly-shark this time.

<style type="text/css">
.haskoll b {font-weight:bold; color:#8caf52; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1e290c; }
.haskoll p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.haskoll {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#33412e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZNlFM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 340px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7d8e60; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread