they all say it
He gave her a sad smile, watching as she took the necklace in her hands. "I don't know. There was more about him that I didn't know than I ever thought there could be. No parent should be so ignorant of their child." He looked at the ground, his eyes speaking eloquently of his sorrow. "Don't repeat my mistakes, Ayasha." He looked at her, then turned away slowly. He couldn't look at her, couldn't be reminded of Liam. Liam was a sore spot, a scabbed wound in his heart.

He spoke again as he began walking away from her. "Take care of yourself, Ayasha. And take care of him too." Those were the only words he could speak of Liam, the only words he could give her in parting. When he walked away from her this time, it would be for good, and it would be forever. He would never know any pups the two might have, and Liam would never know the pups that Sky carried within her womb now.

His gait as he began walking away was slow, the ancient shuffle of an elderly luperci, one who has seen decades pass and many loved ones die. Yet, he was only three, and the only one he had seen die was his daughter, his sweet daughter Tameri. For a moment, he thought he felt her brush against him, a luperci hand touching his shoulder. He didn't look, for fear it would be Ayasha. He didn't wish to speak to Ayasha any further.

Messages In This Thread