Unwanted, unneeded
[html]

(519)

Tlantli is by Nat!

Tlantli simply nodded with the mottled woman's admission of temperance. She could see the usefulness in such, and she herself preferred to imbibe intoxicating substances when alone. No matter one's tolerance or experience, it was impossible to avoid overindulgence at all times, and overindulgence frequently led to foolishness, at least when one was in the public eye. On the contrary, within the walls of her home, there was no one to judge her save Nagual, and he slumbered for winter now. The woman's name was received with a cocked ear and a look of interest. Tlantli found the surname strange, but not in a distasteful way. On the contrary, it was exotic and in this land of Kimaris, Lykoi, D'Angelo and Eternity, it lent uniqueness to the Associate. Perhaps she would acquire some more powerful surname in time -- or, even have her mate acquire the Heiwa name. Tlantli had never for an instant considered relinquishing the Kimaris name, and it wouldn't have surprised her if others felt similarly regarding their familial heritage.

The woman's razor teeth were shown in a grin as Isabella spoke of those made for southern climes, and her nod was more earnest this time. Isabella's offer was met with surprised skepticism, and Tlantli's grin grew more mischievous. Come, now -- you would not wish to give this pelt to me! If I wanted it, I could order you to give it to me, but I do not wish for you to dislike me. There was jest in her voice, but truth in her words -- though their difference of rank was not so great, the flaxen hybrid might choose to exercise her status. Your sash -- lovely, yes, and it matches my eyes, but it is too thin to give me warmth, so I do not want it, either. In truth -- I am cold, yes, but I tolerate cold best I can. The explanation was given in simple words and simpler truth. Tlantli did not wish to appear weak by donning anything meant to outfit her -- this was the same reason she did not don armor or bear weapons other than her teeth. She had not directly admitted such to Isabella, but the pieces of the puzzle were there, should the Associate with the strange eyes choose to put them together.

You know how important appearances are here, yes? the coyote inquired, making no mention of the incense sticks. She did not care what Isabella delivered to this storage, and she did not care if the mottled woman took all within it for her personal stash. It was of no consequence to Tlantli. How long are you a Salsolian? I have been away -- in one sense or another, the coyote said, offering this and this alone for her solitude. Perhaps someone would learn the truth, sooner or later, but it certainly was not to be someone with so little connection to the honey-furred Family member. The newcomer seemed suspicious of Tlantli, and the caramel-furred hybrid hoped to conciliate this suspicion. She needed all the allies she could get.

<style>
#tlantliNat {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#tlantliNat p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#tlantliNat p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#tlantliNat .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#tlantliNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#tlantliNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#tlantliNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#tlantliNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlantliNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlantliNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread