Unwanted, unneeded
[html]

There was a certain level of pride that Isabella held for her name, both first and surname. Naturally, her names meanings were old, but their definitions could be twisted to suit her and her lifestyle. Her first name, Isabella, meant "God is my oath", which was far beyond the truth. There was no god for the woman, there was only the Mother, the Earth. A Goddess, perhaps that was the meaning of her name. She was true to the earth alone and she had always turned to her at times of need. The meaning could easily twist to suit her and she was good at twisting things around. Her surname, Heiwa, meant peace in the language of those distant cherry blossom islands. She believed that it stood for her state of mind; she was at peace with what she was and what she did.

That surname, though, was uncommon in Toronto, despite the mix of cultures. How her father acquired it was unknown to the woman, but she knew that both he and her mother had a similar heritage, coming from similar places with similar backgrounds. He had been a different sort of hybrid, with a much more pale coyote coloring with more white than most. Her mother had been like her, without the prevalent whiteness, however. There was definitely some pride in Isabella for her defining names, though she did not let them truly mean the same as they were intended.

Isabella held back a smirk at the woman. She was clearly attempting to conciliate her favor for something. Tlantli's former importance to the pack was not something she was aware of, though there seemed to be an air of power and manipulation in her. "I have not taken it from the storage shed for my own use. The light is simply better out here. You have every right to take it from it, don't you?" she said, keeping her tone even and light as she carefully watched the golden woman. "I have little need for it other than decoration," she added. Isabella kept the smugness out of her voice, but she was very smug about the fact that she had no need for a warm pelt like this woman here. How thankful she was for her thick pelt and heritage. There was a large portion of coyote blood in her, but the other half of her compensated for that little problem.

Isabella almost frowned at the coyote's other words. Demand to take her sash? That was unimaginably rude. She had earned the sash through work and she would have had to figure out a way to refuse a higher ranking member of the Thistle Kingdom. That might not have gone over terribly well with the better ups, and she certainly did not want to offend a single soul, not just yet. Thankfully, Tlantli saw that the sash was for little more than ornamental and decided to let Isabella keep it. "How generous," she thought, with a little more than a bit of distaste. Thankfully, her years of practice kept her face calm and collected despite her mild anger.

"Of course," she said easily, letting her anger melt away. It would be good to know to avoid this woman, for there were motives Isabella did not like lurking somewhere in her heart. "Everything here is not always as it seems. I also hear they excel at such things, and encourage them," she added, at length. She did not have to reveal everything to this woman, despite her upper rank. At least she had said truth, though she had little else to utter. "I have been here since before the solstice. Perhaps a month or more prior." More truths. Isabella had little to lose and nothing to gain from admitting how long she had been here. "Where did your travels take you?" inquired the gypsy, thinking that Tlantli would, no doubt, ignore her question or tell her to mind her own business. That was fine with her.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread