Delight and conquer
[html]
Setting: evening
Place: Festival Hosting tent
Post order is free.

Leaders and subleaders are individually expected to bring an item of food of their choice, or other fitting contribution to the event, as a sign of goodwill. The majority of the feast's food items are hosted by the merchants, however.

You can reply to this general thread at will, and also create sub-threads. This part of the feast is a simple introductions part and the serving of food & light entertainment -- anything after that is without a set structure, and you can play this here or in subthreads of your choice. Since there are so many participants, this seemed to be the best option to ensure a solution everyone can make work Smile

Note: eating does not necessarily take place at an organized table. Think of it as heaps of snacks at a party.

Ever since the opening feast, Mahavites had trod the paths that were beginning to emerge between booths. While he at first had had only hesitant hopes for this success, he grew more confident by the day. At times, the market was seething, and some packs had seized the opportunity to showcase themselves, as well. Anything that drew attention to their existence contributed to the festival's success. If this project ran well, they would be able to return here, or perhaps even set up a permanent post nearby. He had underestimated the region's populace, but it tipped the scale in his favor. What he had imagined would be a small leader's event turned out to be larger: there were more packs in the region than he had thought there would be. There was no lack of food, and he hoped the tent would be just big enough. As they started to arrive, he was speaking with Gawiei about the final arrangements. Needless to say, Mahavites was curious about the region's leadership, and the feast was a crucial part of his plan to establish themselves in the area. A good relationship with them was not merely nice to have, but in fact essential to his enterprise.

The tent started slowly to fill with the sounds of guests and preparations, and once theyr numbers reached what Mahavites had expected, he coughed loudly and demanded their attention. With a bright smile and the swish of his cloak, Mahavites gestured in loud movements as he spoke, Gawiei standing by to his left. "As your host, I want to welcome you all to this feast. I thank you for allowing me to wait on you, and the thought of your enjoyment delights me." Perhaps he was sucking up, perhaps not. This feast was not about him at all, but them. The best outcome would be that they had a good time, and associated it with his festival. One arm swung to indicate to a table to his left, where some had already placed their symbolic foodstuffs. "I thank you for your gifts. Please share and enjoy them among yourself. I pray that you find good company here at my festival, and good fortunes." With that Gawiei exited the tent through a side flap and quickly returned alongside two more merchants, Rourke and Luci, all three of them carrying foods and drinks. The large center table was soon filled with exotic food, both cooked and uncooked, alongside various alcoholic drinks. There was more than enough for everyone. Stepping back with a bright smile, Mahavites signalled that his guests were free to start the feasting. He would spend the evening mingling.

<style>
.mahavites p {padding:8px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;font-size:11px; line-height:15px;}
.mahavites b {color:#fff;}
.mahavites {font-family: georgia,serif; color:#6A78B0;text-align: justify; background-color:#000024; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fsH6o.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 80px 0px;width:100%;border:1px solid #000;width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:700px; min-width:500px;-moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 20px #111111;-webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 20px #111111;margin-top:20px;margin:bottom:20px;-moz-border-radius:5px;border-radius:5px;}
.mahavites .ooc {padding:0px; margin-right:20px;margin-left:20px;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;border-bottom:1px dotted #252041; color:#6A78B0; font-style:italic;}
.mahavites .ooc p {padding:8px 0; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread