leave the darkness behind
[html]

<33!

X'yrin was a hard female to get a read on, for most anything, but Saul thought he detected approval from her as he suggested hand to hand. It would be easier for both of them- to rely only on the skill of their body and nothing else. She vocalised her acceptance with a soft tone and a subtle dip of her head, although her wording was a little off. It was her decision- she was the higher rank here and he'd come to ask her if she'd like to accompany him. Of course, there was little he could say though as she continued, declaring that it would be good for both of them. He nodded softly, his salt and peppered tail swishing back and forward as she settled her appearance and seemed happy with it. Unlike X'yrin, Saul hadn't really had a partner to train with and he managed to learn snippets of defence and fighting wherever he could.

The two of them set off and Saul was happy with the companionable silence that settled between them. He felt like he was getting to know her better and while he had no idea if she would ever become something akin to a step-mother to him, Saul knew that he and X'yrin would be close friends. He could see the excitement in the spring in her step and he smiled to himself. He'd made the right decision in asking if X'y would like to accompany him to this sparring session, it was clearly something she enjoyed and Saul knew he would ask her again after this session. He was certain there was a lot he could learn from the autumn-coloured female and Saul was always a sucker for knowledge. He took deep breaths on the way to the Casa clearing, noting the archery area where he and Dixie had met not long ago. Smiling softly, he rolled his shoulder, hoping to warm up a little before they arrived.

They stilled as they reached the edge of the sparring rings that had been lain in the ground. There wasn't a big group around them- three other pairs and a lone male who appeared to be leading the activity for the day. Saul wondered if the male leading was the 'Jazper' X'yrin had referred to, but decided not to ask. "Welcome, welcome this morning to the sparring and self defence lesson. My name is Lex and I will be instructing you today. If you and your partner would like to take a ring and warm up, I will be over shortly to instruct you." The male was as tall as X'yrin and Saul felt a little overshadowed by the two of them. He was only 7'1'' and X'yrin already seemed to tower over him. He knew it was, in part, to do with their breeds but it still made him feel a little apprehensive about this whole thing.

"Shall we?" He asked amiably as he motioned for X'yrin to move forward with his outstretched arm. He knew it wasn't going to be a fair fight, but there were things he was still shaky on and sparring was one of his biggest weaknesses. Green eyes were bright with mirth as he followed her, rolling his head from side to side, making sure that none of his muscles were tense and liable to cramp or tear. It would do him no good to sustain an injury now.

word count → 572 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread