In days of revolt I too, carried a torch. (AW)
[html]
you've done all the things that could kill you somehow
and you're so far down
but you will survive it somehow because life starts now

Word Count → 268 :: I'm so sorry for the wait! :c I've been swamped lately so it's been a bit hard to get to everything as quickly as usual. Hope you'll forget that and the horror that is this post. xD

Teeth remained bared at the burrow, ears tight against her angular skull with defiance. The odor of the gopher and its fear teased her, and she had nearly begun to salivate with the anticipation of the catch. It wasn’t that she was starved, but a meal sounded damn good right about now. Statistics were against her, and this simply seemed to be one of those unlucky hunts.

She snorted again, already coming to terms with her lost prize, when the faint smell of another luperci grabbed her attention. The wind was at odds with it, but she managed to detect the general smell and glanced upward curiously, her dirtied paws drawing away from the hole. Over the past several days in her northern journeys, she’d met plenty of interesting canines, learned a few things; she could only assume that this would be another potential meeting.

A stocky charcoal shape treaded toward her, scarred from experience and withered from old age. Though from this distance she wasn’t able to distinguish his finer features, she could see dark trails of tattoos across his stomach.

The stranger interested her, but before she could speak, a snarl suddenly erupted from the grey creature. Her instincts taking over, Vesper jerked backwards a few steps, her tail held out bristling and her ears lowered. Blue eyes cut sharply to him until they began to trail after the dark winged shape that had swooped down on the male—and then she started to laugh.

“Damn crows.” The coywolf grinned wickedly. “I don’t know why you luperci are so fond of keeping such stupid featherbrains around.”

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread