For the seeker who found the purest of hearts
[html]
[/html] Every step she took brought her closer to her own destruction and her own salvation. Murdering Eris would be beautiful and clean, but it would likely remove any possibility of "other" after this. There would never be an "other" family or an "other" lover because murdering a pack leader was not something one did lightly. Tayui would like to do so many things to Eris and make her feel so many emotions, but she couldn't make Eris do anything. She couldn't make Eris feel something when all she wanted to do was feel again.

"If I must," Tayui replied. "I don't know," she admitted. "I want you to feel something and know that there's someone out there who knows. I want to know you feel something even though you can barely even live without stealing a dead man's name. I know you're weak, but I want you to know it too." Even though Eris inched closer, Tayui did not back up. She suspected that Eris was trying to close the gap and prepare herself for a fight. If it had to come to that, Tayui would accept it. She had been trained by a number of good warriors: Skoll, while they had been members of Shadowed Sun, and Eris' own mother: a legacy in her own right. Tayui did not know how much Eris knew, but Tayui had fended off attackers -- her brother, a crazed coyote from Inferni, and lived to speak of it. She could only hope that this was enough to get her through this ordeal alive. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread