Older brother, restless soul, lie down
[html]
[/html] Claudius had seen the impending fall, but had been unable to prevent it. He saw the girl meander along, her coat bright and vibrant against the white snow, in stark contrast to his off-white fur. Unlike the girl, Claudius blended in much better, and for this reason, he did not fault her for not noticing him. He did not think he had a very commanding presence, so this too contributed to the possible reasons for the fall. Also, and most importantly, she hadn't been looking where she was going at all.

Claudius sat up quickly and waved his hands in front of him, but it was all for naught. She tripped over his toboggan, spilling tools and goods everywhere. He immediately squeaked out a quick, "sorry!" as was customary. He flinched as he saw her stumble because he feared for the worst. But she only stumbled and did not fall, a testament to her incredible balance. He relaxed his shoulders when he saw her straighten up. He let out a sigh of relief when he realized his toboggan had not been harmed.

"Th-a-a-a...ts... okay," he replied. He was still quite shaken. He noticed a hammer lying nearby and picked it up. "I sh-hu-houldn... nt... have... left it... there in the... way. You a-a-a-almost got me w-i-ith... this," he added as he waved a hammer around. He pushed himself off his bum and into a squat and held out the hammer with his left arm. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread