Older brother, restless soul, lie down
[html]
[/html] At first, Claudius thought that Neela sounded surprised. Perhaps it was the stutter or his horrible habit of being completely invisible, but it seemed as though she hadn't been expecting him to have such a hands-on craft. Indeed, his craft of choice, dyeing, wasn't so much manual labour as it was a science of timing, calculation, waiting, and gathering. Much of his skill came from knowing how long to let the water boil, which plants yieled the strongest colours, and where certain plants were located. Although he dabbled in a bit of the medicinal uses of plants, they weren't his forte. Dawali had shown him a few carving tricks, so he would love to learn more.

When Neela mentioned she worked in a shipyard, he immediately recalled the battle canoes from the war with Crimson Dreams. He responded quickly, all the while his eyes and expression bepseaking his interest.

"Oh, like canoes? Or...? Wha-at sort of things would... you-ou sha-are? I ha-a-ave... dyes... and a fe-e-ew tr-i-inkets I ca-arved with me." Claudius' words tumbled out as he spoke in a hurry to discover Neela's true talents. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread