counting the hours you're awake
[html]

Word Count → 322

A woman’s voice called Vesper from her sulking vigil, and the coywolf jerked her head up to meet the amber eyes of a collie cross. The brown ridge of her spine bristling, she pushed herself onto all fours immediately before realizing that this wasn’t the most intelligent thing to do so close to a foreign pack’s grounds. Despite a good relationship with one of Ichika no Ho-en’s higher-ups, she did not think that she would be freed from trouble if she acted so rashly. She might have snorted at the peaceful pack of the north and thought of them as hippies, but knowing the demeanor of some of its unique members, she knew not all would be pushovers.

As such, Vesper almost reluctantly corrected her posture to defer to the Ichikan; her coal-tipped tail hung low while her large-set ears tilted back against her angular coyote skull. She dipped her muzzle for a moment, searching for an explanation, even as recognition glittered in her pale blue eyes. The russet and white woman had reacted tensely to the Infernian who’d saved Kiara, but she didn’t think that any too suspicious feelings lingered. Or she hoped.

“Kiara,” the Optio said quietly before lifting her gaze. “Uh—I was looking for Kiara, or at least someone who could tell me how she was doing.” Her tail flickered behind her uncertainly, and she settled her rump back onto the cold ground. Once again, she beat herself over the head with her foolishness, sitting out here in the frigid weather waiting helplessly for news. “I just wanted to know if—if she—” Eyes fell to one of the deep scars on her own streamlined tawny body, knive-carved scars. “If she changed.”

Throat cleared and ears twitched as she composed herself. She glanced back at the older woman with a hint of curiosity and sheepishness. “I—I forgot your name, if I ever got it. I’m Vesper.”

<style type="text/css">
.coyotesnowide b {font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 30px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.coyotesnowide .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coyotesnowide {width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:630px; min-width:500px; background-color:#adc4cc; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/10mkfna.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:370px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#716853; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread