counting the hours you're awake
[html]

Word Count → 395

Large ears swiveled forward to heed news of her spirited arctic friend, and Vesper let out an audible sigh of relief when she heard that Kiara hadn’t been infected. Other wounds would heal in time, and while the young she-wolf would never be quite the same carefree and innocent soul as before, she at least wouldn’t be turned into something she could never recover from. The hybrid kept a cold exterior, free of emotional scars if not physical, but the hidden truth was that she still hated what she had become. She struggled with it every night before she fell asleep, every time her joints popped and sinews lengthened with the shift. She would not wish such a fate on anyone unwilling.

The collie came closer then as the younger female was wrapped in her thoughts, and Vesper took the opportunity to sniff back and look her over carefully. She was built very well, longish legs and a lean build balanced by definite strength under that thick fur. Her coat was decidedly doggish, patterned with white and brown and feathered in places unlike a wolf or coyote’s fur would be. Her pale-splashed face, however, looked gentle in contrast to her formidable frame.

The Ichikan female settled down on the ground, relaxed, and after some hesitation the wiry hybrid followed suit. Slender, scarred forelegs crossed over each other, her tail tucking up against her haunch and covering her deformed paw. Pale blue eyes followed where the other’s nose was pointing, and she nodded. “No offense taken. I’m a higher-up in Inferni and I don’t even think I’d want to bring a stranger inside the pack.” Her lip quirked faintly, but the smirk was gone as soon as it flashed across her narrow muzzle. “I’ll have to come along some other time and actually call for her if I want to see her,” she added, admitting her senselessness in sitting idly by the border.

Neela gave her name then mentioned the dog, and Vesper scowled—an expression which soon transformed to mirror the sly grin that the Ichikan wore. She shook her head then rested it on her own paws, which pressed into the dirt. “So not all you Ichikans are useless at fighting, eh?” she purred. “I don’t have to play white night anymore?” All gentle taunts aside, however, she bristled again. “I hate that bitch.”

<style type="text/css">
.coyotesnowide b {font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 30px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.coyotesnowide .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coyotesnowide {width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:630px; min-width:500px; background-color:#adc4cc; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/10mkfna.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:370px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#716853; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread