Love Isn't Always Easy, But It's Always Worth It
Even though she kissed him, trying to make it better, he still felt rejected somehow. "What do you call our time here so far but settling in? We have a den, I'm working on a house for us, what more could you want, kiddo?" He had pulled away, a sullen look on his face. His ears twitched as he shoved his hands in his pocket, his hand wrapping around the bone shard. "What, Taliesin tell you my momma was crazy too, that I'd somehow taint the pups, make 'em insane too?"

His voice was flat, emotionless. His gaze somehow managed to be both angry and empty at the same time. "Fuck it, I don't care." He turned away, walking back inside. He didn't care if she followed or not, just resumed his work on the house, grabbing the remainder of the rotted chair and tossing it out the large bay window to the back yard where he had been throwing a lot of other trash he'd burn later. Anger seethed in his soul, the butterflies whispering lies in his ears.

She betrayed you. He shook his head no, his anger making his throat too tight to speak. She will leave you, too. She'll lie to you and betray you. She'll betray you to the shadows, betray you to the evil ones. You'll see. He growled in reply, using his hands to resume tearing up the rotted floorboard he had been working on before she'd shown up.

Messages In This Thread