reward of all my efforts
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

Amy listened patiently as Leon attempted to turn down the first favor. It was foolish, really. Especially considering the oath he had made. Amy knew that a price would be exacted, even if she wasn't the one to collect. Some suffered bad luck, some died, others watched those they cared about be harmed. Always, the price was paid. Which was exactly why Amy chose that oath. It was the reason why she accepted three favors in return for the precious bundles he now gripped tightly, afraid that she would take away. Not that she could. Amy was bound by this contract just as much as he was. She couldn't take the items back, only take things with the same value.

Hearing his excuses Amy smiled coldly. She'd heard better ones from prey she was about to eat. They all carried the same tone. She should be reasonable. What she asked for was madness. There was better ways to do this. To make matters worse, he tried to put a cap on what kind of favors he could ask. Amy shook her head. I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. If you wanted the right to refuse you should have bargained for that before you took the oath. That right's gone. You can't turn me down.

Amy did pause to consider the problems he brought up though. Leon was right that it could be a problem if someone annoyed her, and the fact that he was so new in the pack was a problem as well. Shrugging her shoulders she turned back to him. The fact that you're new doesn't affect things much. The knowledge I ask for is the same as any newcomer is given at the borders. The pack values, the type of things to be expected. Pausing Amy let that sink in. Leon had the knowledge that she wanted, Amy simply needed to get him to acknowledge that fact. As for the other part, well, there was no chance of that happening. As for refusing trade, that's the one thing I never do. Trade is my life. I'm bound by this bargain as much as you are. I can take the price you owe me, but I can't reclaim what I've given you. The same as dealing with your pack. Whether or not someone makes me mad I trade with the pack. I can't afford to be choosy.

<style type="text/css">
.amyhour b {font-weight:bold; color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.amyhour {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ac69fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CeqhO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 290px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#31224b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.amyhour .wordcount {color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #31224b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.amyhour p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.amyhour p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread