I can't see Texas from here
[html]
but our hearts will need us to be steady and strong

so we can stand and face the fire

burning higher and higher

Word Count → 366 :: Wayne is an awkwardface.

An answering call echoed through the thin mountain air, and Wayne could feel part of his anxiety die away while new anxiety swelled like a wave to take its place. At least he wouldn’t have to stand out here forever, but—but what would he do once the Ichikan showed up and questioned him? He was beginning to recognize that his social skills weren’t quite up to par with the average luperci, after being so damn used to Dixie talking to everyone they met. That didn’t make the man any less confident or strong, but words came harder to him than most folk. The added burden of representing Casa di Cavalieri weighed heavily in addition.

A secui-formed shape reached the border, and the wolfdog deferred to her authority with a dip of the head. Under the shadow of the hat’s brim, his brown eyes scrutinized her: autumnal coloring, amber eyes, russet mane hanging oddly down off her shoulders in braids. She fit the description that Jazper had given him; this had to be the warrior woman X’yrin.

He remained quiet until she addressed him, one hand wandering to touch the horse’s shoulder for comfort. Fern breathed softly, her gaze steady, and he drew strength from her calm demeanor.

X’yrin spoke at last, welcoming him graciously before introducing herself and asking the same of him. The Labrador mutt stuffed his hand into his pocket then, even as he replied in a quiet but solid voice. “Wayne McCoy, Rispetto of Casa di Cavalieri.” He finally drew the paper out, his leader’s signature scrawled across the page along with the image of a large sun. “Jazper Rhiannon-Knight, our Sole, asked me to come to you for training. He also hoped that this would build the friendship between our packs.” The formal speech felt odd on his tongue, but he didn’t want to give anything less than a stellar impression. “Casa’s a pack meant to defend the innocent and fight for peace, but—I ain’t—I’m not much of a fighter.” His insecurities stumbled from his tongue, but he cleared his throat and stood straight, hoping that she would accept the request. Otherwise, it was a long journey back home.

Wayne McCoy

<style type="text/css">
.silhowayne b {font-weight:bold; color:#740d02; letter-spacing:1px;}
.silhowayne p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.silhowayne p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.silhowayne .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#740d02;}
.silhowayne .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Shadows Into Light'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#740d02; margin:0px 50px 120px 0px;}
.silhowayne .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Shadows Into Light'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#740d02; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 5px;}
.silhowayne p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.silhowayne .text {font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a1604; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#de8a16 0px 0px 3px; padding:5px 0px 80px 0px; }
.silhowayne {width:100%; margin:0px auto; max-width:730px; background-color:#de8a16; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PUdGI.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread